Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
We had beautiful weather in Ontario this weekend, so we put the boat in the water (even though the ice just came off the lake last week)! We didn't have the tower on yet but I wasn't going to try anything crazy anyway. Nothing like a first run to get you excited about the upcoming season.
Upload
Upload
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-21-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
nicely done todd. thats some inspirational stuff right there, got the boat ready to go in the water this weekend, next weekend i plan on riding. I see you didnt die of hypothermia or anything so thats a good sign
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
dude didn't you freeze in your shorty? Here I am thinking about getting a drysuit and ploppin down 400 bucks on one. And you are out in a shorty. You inspired me. Now I am just going to my local pro shop and getting a long wetsuit and settling for that this weekend coming up for my first run. Unless you say otherwise. Did you get hypothermia, of are you sick or ill in any shape or form? Or do you think I should get a drysuit..lol?
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
The main thing was not feeling the water before we jumped in. I almost had second thoughts when I was launching but it was 75 degrees outside so when I came out I actually didn't even have to towel off!!

No sickness yet! Like I said, the air was so warm it wasn't bad at all.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
thats wicked!!

Our lake was still frozen over this weekend when we went up, and there was a foot of water in our boathouse.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Our ice just melted on the weekend.. unfortunetly due to flooding and extremely high water levels our Mastercraft is still sitting at dealer..

Did manage to go out in our Princecraft..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-22-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Greg, do you go to your cottage every weekend? even before the summer? Where is sparrow lake? My in-laws have a cottage on Balsam lake but it is so big that it gets blown out pretty easily.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Good going Todd....we will be getting out somewhere around the the 3 or 4th. of may. Hey greg the water is a little high, its cresting the shore on Rice Lake and they wont let us put the docks in yet.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-23-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
We are up there year round. Our dock is floating, water level is down 2 feet from previous week.. but still up over 3!!

We had some bad flooding a week before and water will remain high for the next month.

Last week...

Upload
Upload
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
wow......deeper water...bigger wake!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-24-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
our lake? Bay is about 25-30' on average..... main lake averages 10-15'
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Is that Ontario, Calif? Don't tell me that's Canucky Canada Burrrrr...You must have thick blood. Do any anti-freeze before jumping in?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Did you know that Alaska belongs to the United States and most of it is situated north of the majority of the Canadian population?