Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2010, 6:45 PM Reply   
Ok I am looking for my first board. I have rode quite a few and always use my friends. Some are old and some are offbrand. The ones I have ridden most of are hyperlite fluid and motive. Mostly the Motive. I was looking to buy a new one but dont want to go too far out of my skill level. The motive feels like I will outgrow its use soon and feels a bit heavy. I was looking at the HL State. What do you guys think. I have been riding for three years now but seem my skill has been hindered by the types of boats I have access to and some of the junk boards/bindings aswell. We have a better boat now and I my powerslides are good, I can clear wake to wake(not very consistantly), and I am working on my switch riding, spins, and I have even almost landed a few tantrums.

My other prob is bindings. I like open toes, but I cant just pick out any binding. I tore a ligiment in my left ankle(back leg) last year and now it take a lot of beating which seems to be worse in loose bindings. I want some decent ones that will also help secure it from hurting it worse.

What are some decent, cheaper end bindings I could get. I was looking at the boards and bindings from an outlet place online that sold factory blems and such for a muck cheaper price. Most of the boards and bindings were 150.00 each. Do you guys have any help for this. I figured the people here would know a lot better than I do.

Also I am not stuck on hyperlite only, I just like them as they make good boards and they are mostly what I have ridden.