Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-30-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
Wanted to get some feedback on the tower speaker finish that you like most as everyone making tower speakers needs to know what the market wants.

I think everyone offers black. Many offer either chrome plated finish or a polished & anodized finish (like wakeboard racks and most billet parts).

Do you prefer black or a shiny finish?

Do you prefer chrome plated or polished & anodized?

Thanks for your input.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-30-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
Tower in black with polished/chrome clamps and accessories.

OR

Tower polished/chrome accessories anodized black or color to match gelcoat.

There was a beautiful red and white Malibu at the Pleasanton boat show with a polished stainless tower and color keyed speaker box. I didn't think much of the box from a sound standpoint but it sure looked nice.

red/white bu
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-31-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
A picture is worth a thousand words. Below are the three options. The cans are formed so we have not been able to get the same level of polish as on our billet parts.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-31-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
I vote for black cans with a polished clamp and chrome grill.

Maybe something like this:

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-31-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Impressive, what is that a picture of?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
I would go with chrome plated over black because I have a black tower and think the contrast would look better. I definately like the chrome plated over the polished and anodized. I think you should offer all three if you can, if not black and chrome plated. I do like Mikeskis idea but if that was an option I would go with black cans with chrome clamps and chrome grill. Now were getting complicated.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-02-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
what about carbon fiber ?
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-03-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Chrome. Looks good and is VERY easy to care for, just wash and wipe dry. No polishing
Old    pate            02-03-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
In one of the other posts some dude had diamond plate speaker casing. It actually looked pretty cool.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-03-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Bill, Pro Comp used to offer "Black Chrome" finish on their C-130 off road lights. Is it possible to have the housings polished, anodized black, then dipped?
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-05-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
I think you should offer all three, personally, my boat has very little polished stuff on it, so I would go with black, but someone with a newer boat will probably have the SS rub rail , cleats, etc...

BTW, that dude taking the photo has some long legs