Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
My wife and I were discussing our future lake powell vacation, we will have three houseboats and we are wondering from those of you who attended brostock 2008 in Warm Creek if there was any concern about carbon Monoxide poisoning with all of those houseboats being so close together.
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
any answers to this?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
I think that IDEALLY there should be more space than there was seen at the bro-stock, but i am not sure

I work at powell and i will try to contact boat rentals and get a sure answer for you monday evening or earlier hopefully
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
also i immagine it is not best to have boats close together if a nasty wind comes up. the boats can get bumpin' into one another pretty good i'd think... again, i'll be checking on that and what is "suggested"
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Where do you work at powell? Wahweap?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
Wahweap, "Adventure Cove activities"
an under-advertised and under-appreciated (lots of un-reallized potential in this department, but i know it is not all Aramark's fault for not realizing it) department

I am an "activities worker" (also do wake, ski, and tubing "instructions" for $85/hour or $150/2hour behind a Centurion wake boat with all equipmnt included) and help customers have fun for my job. Most Chillin' job on the entire lake!

I'm also originally born and raised in Page (The "largest" city near powell... but its still small town)
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
That's cool, do you work mostly with the Wahweap lodge guests? Do you do instruction for the air chair/sky ski? We will be out there starting July 17 for 10 days. Our houseboat is docked at wahweap. We are also getting two other rental houseboats for the rest of our group. (50 people).
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Tubing Instructions????
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hopefully he teaches tubers to only tube when the lake is blown out and no tubing on butter AT ANY TIME WILL BE TOLERATED!!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
That is why i put the quotations around "instructions" all three are available during the time you pay for as well as instructions if needed.

you'd be surprised how many people you have to tell to lean back on tubes before take-off so the tube wont submerge....

anyway... AS FOR HOUSEBOATS AND CO...
I was told that it depends on the houseboat model. The black and white houseboats that wahweap rents out in large numbers are OK for being close together. They have been modified with generator exhaust pipes that extend well above the roof of the houseboat. Basically you will be fine if the house boats that are tied together have modified exhausts. IF not, then try to keep generator use down, open windows, etc. OR just park further apart. And as for bad weather, causing boats to knock together, it is not much of a concern. just make sure the outside boats are anchored real good and keep an eye on things if the weather gets crazy.

AND, NO, we don't do sky ski or air chair "instructions" sorry

any other questions, feel free to ask and i will be happy to try to help as best as i can. I love helping people to have fun at powell! other than wakeboarding, it is the thing that hypes me up most ;)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
JULY is our "monsoon season" so there WILL be chances of some potential wicked storms. but they are usually really quick and don't last long. It is best to wait out the storms then to try to beat them on the water. Even lakes can get nasty during storms. I have seen a wake boat sink behind a houseboat being drug back to a dock during a storm. It washed against the tire barricades around the marina and sunk. The family was sooo close to making it back, but only came back with a wake-boat-seat-cushion. (but i guess the LF team has seen this without a storm) I am not trying to scare you away by any means, just giving info and making you aware.