Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I was riding today and came down funky on a landing and my chin came down on my knee and split it wide open. I went in and got a few stitches... I was jsut wondering how common this kind of injury is. Anyone have this happen?
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-18-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
i did it...but i didnt bust my chin open...i got some chipped teeth...and one missing. All of my bottom teeth were jarred loose so I couldn't chew anything for a couple weeks.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-19-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
Pottsy..check out the post below "Havin Fun Ridin". About 5 & 1/2 minutes into the vid my son stacks, and the same thing happened to him. He didn't split his skin but he did break a tooth and ended up with a pretty good bruise on his chin for about a week
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-19-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
i got 26 stiches in my chin beat that. winter riding with a wetsuit. the dr said I would have broken my jaw if it wernt for the pading
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-19-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
ive done the same thing, i was going for a backroll and cased the wake, i could have used 4-5 stitches but some neosporin and butterfly patches and its all good
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
ive also done the exact same thing. i came down from a double up and cased the wake. my knee hit my chin and split it wide open. it took 7 stitches.

also yesterday evening i almost did it again. i came down from a frontroll and hit my knee against my chin but it didnt bust it open.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
ive done it but it didnt bust my chin open..
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-19-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Its a pretty common injury, even for pros as Andrew Adkinson demonstrated earlier this year.