Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Is there anyone riding the imperial. Just wondering what people think of it. Not wanting to get it. Just want to know what people think.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
I rode the 142. It was probably WAY too big for me being 165 lbs and 6' tall. I always wanted to ride it. Honestly, I cant give it an accurate review. As i said the size was massive. Just before riding it i rode a 142 Slingshot recoil. (also bigger than i normally ride) The Imperial felt like a heavy beast after riding the slingshot (probably any traditional board would feel like a heavy beast after riding any slingshot board... like jumping from hot water to cold water) I could tell that it was pretty nice and mushy, in a good sense, on the landings because of the killer center spine. (still cant compete with slingshot landings though) It was really easy to get used to, but for some reason i just could not get the same uncontrollable supper flying pop out of it that i was getting minutes ago on the slingshot. I definitely set a personal new record air on the slingshot: 12 feet without a double-up... but then the boat was weighted till the swim platform was 1 foot under water and the tower had a hand made rigged extension on it that hurled me like a mad man through the air. I have never crashed so hard simply by airing it out without trick attempts.

try it out some day... and the slingshot too
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
It's funny, I'm HOOKED on Rusty's Empire after a short session on my buddies. I'm 155, 5'9", and rode his 141! I'm dying to pick up a 138!
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-01-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
12 ft of air with no double up. I want to see a picture of that wake.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
not just the wake mind you. Phat wake + Tower extension + Slingshot board = PHAT AIR. Sorry, no proof, just word of mouth from the 3 guys in the boat