Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
I have a 05 Moomba Mobius LSV. The boat came with the single bag setup. I recently upgraded to the three bag setup which included a whole new wiring harness,and 3 new switchs. So what i have left over now is an extra switch on the dash that was for the ski locker bag and the wiring harness that goes to the switch. So what i plan on doing is adding the bow sac up front and have it automatic also. So on my wiring harness i have solinoid,pump in,and pump out. I dont know where i should tie into for pump in at, as i assume it is on a relay of some sort. I know i could just not hook it up and as long as i was filling all 4 bags at once it would fill, but i dont wanna do it that way. Let me know if you don't understand what i am trying to get across here.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Anyone? Would it be a problem if i just spliced into the two wires positive and negative that run back to the fill pump?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-29-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
if there is a relay, which i'd assume there is (but wouldn't put it past moomba), the main power will come off of the relay and run to the pump - the switch will basically activate the relay to send power to the pump to turn it on/off. Look up relays and rocker swtichs online and learn how they work.

otherwise post a pic, that might help

(Message edited by Sinkoumn on October 29, 2007)
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
yes there is a relay, So i want to run the positive wire before the relay,and tie into any ground
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
i think you have us a bit confused, a picture or drawing would make things much clearer.
Im asuming that the relay is already wired to the switch and the pump, and so you'll need to connect a + wire from a constant 12v sorce with a fuse that corisponds with the draw from the pump, an extra spot on the factory fuse pannel or strait from the battery or distribution block would be where i suggest this wire will have to carry the load when runing the pump. A - wire will also have to be run to the relay. This is just to activate the relay, no load so it can be taped of another relay or fuse pannel. The switch will need a + wire coming in, once again no real load on this wire tap from the switch next to it. If you switch has a light then i will also need a - wire, tap from the switch next to it. The pump will need the - wire connected to a large - sorce, as it carries the load for the pump. Batterty distribution block or fuse pannel. With two pumps you'll have two relays, so the empty lead from the switch will go to one and the fill lead to the other. as for the silinoid it will need to be connected to the fill pumps + power wire. then the - side to a constant - sorce.