Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-13-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
For those Sanger V215 Owners with a Black Scorpion engine... I'm looking to put a 4 blade prop on my boat to replace the Acme 515 13x12" 3 blade and wanted to know what 4 blade prop you have on your boat and the level of performance. I'm looking for more hole shot with a full load of people and 1000 lbs of ballast. My local service guy only sells OJ Props but I'd appreciate any and all opinions.
Old    mendo247            05-13-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
I just ordered a Acme 911 from Karl at Borditup.com. Best price and great service, everyone says hes the man to talk to. Id shoot him an email, but i believe the Acme 653 and 911 are the props you should look at. I run allot of xtra weight (see profile pic) so i went with the 911. Ill be installing the prop in the next day or 2 and let you know what i think.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-13-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
I have an 4 blade OJ prop (not sure the model)that was recommended to me. I don't like it. I now run the 653 and will get the 911 for my next one.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Jesse, I'm pretty sure 4 blade props are not usually recommended for 1:1 trannies. But you may hear different opinions on this.

PM me if you are interested in selling the 515...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
You can run a four blade but with late model technology in machining, it's not neccesary. You pay more for the four blade and most people would not be able to tell the difference. As already stated, the 653 and 911 are your choices. 653 for 1k to 1.5k and 911 if you're regularly running 2k and up for ballast. Myself, I prefer the Acme, but was totaly happy with my four blade OJ on my last Sanger. And since Sanger uses Acme as original equipment, you probably won't need to fit another key for the second prop.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-13-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Sparky is correct. On the Sanger, you cannot measure the difference between the 3 and 4 blade Acme props. Save some coin.

On my former X-9 I went to a 3-blade prop from a 4-blade OJ and gained some top end while dropping pitch for extra ballast. Important for me since I 'foot as well as wakeboard.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
I run the 911 and over 2K and it pulls extremely well. I'm 235 and it yanks me outta the water no sweat plus if you like to wakesurf I'm told (unverified) that the 3 blades are best. I called Acme direct and spoke with a guy there and talked about all options and he said this would be the best route to go. I used the extra hundo to buy gas.
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-14-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Sounds like the 4-blade prop myth that it provides better hole shot has gone away.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-14-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
That depends on the boat and tranny. With a 1.5:1 tranny, high hull weight, and bow rise, the 4-blade works better. The Sanger has a 1:1 tranny and very little hull rise.

The Acme 3-blade also has the same surface area as most 4-blade props. It just has one less blade for reduced drag.