Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
I am currently looking at a couple of different used models, with older X-Stars being one of them. The '99 and '00 Zeroflex has the front mount right in front of the driver. Here is a pic I just pulled from ebay. Do any of you who have this tower think this is a visibility issue, or a negative?
Upload
Upload
thanks for input
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-31-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
i have it -- no visibility issue that has ever been an issue w/ me -- however it is sort of aggravating adding and removing boards from the racks -- due to how the tower angles forward w/ the contour of the boat...
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-31-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
thats my only complaint. Im thinking of getting some aftermarket swivel racks.
Old     (zeus12)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-01-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have the 00' zero flex tower...visibility is not an issue but getting to the boards on the racks is a pain..
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have the tower and visability is not an issue. My biggest complaint is that it is a pain to put up. To do it by myself I hook a rope from the tower to my winch and use that to raise the tower, then slide the pins in. The problem is that the pins never seem to go in without alot of hassle. It also sticks up about 4 inches above the windshield, which means it won't go into the 7' garage without some work. I used to have to deflate the tires, lower the jack all the way, and have someone hold the tower in just the right position and it would still rub on the way in. I have since removed the trim from my header and I can get it in without letting air out of the tires, but it's still a pain.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-01-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
My buddy broke his zero flex tower on his nautique. If it's the smaller tubing, just something you should be aware of. Broke at the weld near the top of the tower when he hit a monster roller.
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Same issue as John on my 2000 X-star. the dealer sent it in and had it rewelded at no cost. Also welded some strnegth supports in other locations. Boards were tougher than they should be to get to. But it served it's purpose for the 3 years we had it. I would think there are some aftermarket towers that can do a better job and do not look as boxy as the old x-star tower.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Someone had a ZeroFlex on a Nautique?