Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
http://malibuboats.com/
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
sick dude, thanks!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
It's good its up, but it is still the most uninformative, unatractive, and hardest to use.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
does anybody know what the passenger power seat option is?
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-04-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
You can Get Dual Captains chairs in any Malibu V-Drive, The Power Seat is an option on top of an option
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
thanks Larzon
but what does it power
back and forth
up and down
swivel

sorry if it should be obvious to me
I just can't seem to grasp a power seat on a boat
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
I am with duck guy.

I'd say 5.5 out of 10. They make a good looking boat, just not a very attractive or functional website.

Mastercraft and Tige definitely earn the top spots. Nautique is upping the game too.

(Message edited by Ron_mexico on September 04, 2008)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Compared to some of their other years this site design and functionality is lame.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Well if they poured all their money into their website, you all would accuse them of rolling that money into the price of their boats.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
does build your boat work for you guys?
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-04-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
I have built web sites, it takes time. Im sure they are not done with it.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Twitch-

I have never in the past like 5 years been able to build a boat on malibu's website and this still remains true for the new and improved version
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
it won't work for a while. They have a 3D modeler that has to get them all the drawings. This is the case each year and will usually be fixed in a month or so.
You can email them and they can make the pic for you if you want.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
It would be nice if they had more information or had more variety of pictures. I could care less about flash or frames, but detail shots of exterior, interior, and storage would be nice for all boat manufacturers. I guess the lack of info would make you have to visit your dealer to fill in the blanks...
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
I would say don't put up a site if it's not ready to go. It looks bad. Of course the VLX design a boat does not work. I am a MC guy and this does not reflect well. Malibu get it together!
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-09-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
The Malibu website is extremely poor. I expect more content and a better "rich" site from this boat manufacturer. It looks as though a cousin of an employee developed the site. The iSpec is NOT intuitive and is hard to navigate, the factory tour is lamo, the specs given per each boat total FOUR, and the content is not compelling.

I understand that they are trying to reach into the Web 2.0 sphere with all of their links to mySpace, Facebook, etc. But man, anyone can invite friends and set up a cheezy space. I figure they have to be low on cash as they use YouTube.com for ALL of their videos...why not just go out and puchase a video player and play your own videos and link out? Oh yeah, this is even better, you need to go to Flickr to see all of the ghey Tom "the Malibu" King photography. Nothing special at all..same old Tom crap he has taken from year, to year, to year- Let's all go to Flikr - yahooo! And, anytime I want to view a picture from their Factory Tour, it opens up in another window - I mean come on!

I am not impressed at all. As a consumer and potential new boat buyer, I want relevant content and information...not link outside the Malibu site to get information and be passed around from one website to another. In fact, I went to their YouTube.com to watch a video and found a BUNCH of other offensive crap that I would'nt want to be on at work, let alone have one of my kids peak over my shoulder at home to spy.

Yes friends, this is the worst new launch of a website i have seen in a while.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
so let me get this straight, you don't like the new site?
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-09-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
At least the new boats look awesome.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Jilly- A+
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-09-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Most of the time when the site first get up dated it takes a while for all the options to the site to be accessible or work properly.

Relax it is just a website. You can't expect Malibu to make the best boats on the planet and have the best website too.

Jilly what are you even talking about? Video players, You tube, Tom the Video King, my Space, Facebook ....Blah Blah Blah.

I must say I was not that impressed with the site, but I would still buy a Malibu over a Brand X boat regardless.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-09-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, I can see where they are heading, and that is good, but this site is not ready.

1. Don't put it up into production if its not ready. This is why you have a development environment.

2. Get an awesome design, that's flexible. You don't have to redo the entire site every year.
Old     (wakeboardaddy)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
worked for me, although Tige's site still the best.they do offer a lot of colors including some for the bass prosUpload
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
Jilly is also a biased MC owner.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Malibu boats still rule!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
Looks like someone has crayon issues.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-22-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
INS is watching the FACTORY TOUR at BU