Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Ive been wanting a new wakeboard DVD and I need some extra opinions on which one was better. thanks
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
the truth
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Get both, excellent films. I give the edge to Bent Felix for the music. I think LF had some trouble getting the music rights they wanted.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
The Truth is my favorite of all the films I've seen. I love the way Ben Greenwood rides.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-07-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
bent felix was excellent except two of the worst songs i have ever heard were on it... on during harfs and another i forgot

listen to DIY by Robots in Disguise

it was the joke that my friend and i had for the next couple days
i loved andrew adkisons part, and harf and malinoski were good
i haven't seened the truth yet though
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-07-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
The truth is better in my opinion. I didn't care for the music in Bent Felix at all.
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
i have both the videos id have to say bent felix is better because of who rides in it (harf, adkison, malinoski, sharpe) and the music was better, both worth buying tho
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
The Truth for sure, the music in Bent Felix was annoying. Just my opinion though.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-08-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
I watch Wakeboarding DVD's to see the riding. Everything else, even the music, is secondary. IMO, the riding with Malinoski & Harf, along with the others as well, was some of the best riding I have ever seen in a video. With good riding, you can always turn down the sound and play your own music.

BTW, IMO, $30 should buy you more than 45 min of riding...

(Message edited by byrd on January 08, 2007)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
agreed byrd... i was disappointed

at least the book is 8 hours long hahaha
(my only wakeboard movies)... but i dont need to be learning tantrums till i get my raleys nailed
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-08-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
bent felix has some really bad music, that was hard to get past

you want something long and entertaining, get the pull box set, it's $80 but its 7.5 hours long!!

you can buy it here
www.activewake.com
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
I'm going to second the opinion that Bent Felix has some bad music. I find myself repeatedly just skipping entire chapters of the DVD to avoid listening to some of the songs. I think I only have watched the Keith Lyman section once because that song gives me a headache. It's strange, because The Butter Effect had one of the best soundtracks (other than that annoying Cyprus Hill song, once again in Lyman's section). 50% of the songs on Bent Felix are great, though. Too bad you can't buy it for half price and just get the good sections.
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-10-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
can someone list the songs with the riders it plays to for Bent Felix. The video has alot of my fav. riders in it, i was thinking about getting it
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
DIY- robots in disguise

munich- editors

thats all i know, i do want to know the credits or malinoskis song...that'd be interesting (wanna laugh, listen to DIY!!!)
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
Opening credits - Idiotpilot "Strange We Should Meet Here"

Sharpe - AFI "37mm"

Australia section - Mutemath "Progress"

Adkison - Editors "Munich"

Lyman - Social Distortion "I wasn't born to follow"

Rathy - Pixies "Gouge Away"

Webb - The Sounds "Song with a mission"

Watkins - Robots in Disguise "D-I-Y"

Harf - Robots in Disguise "Cycle Song"

Rusty - Muse "Map of the Problematique"

Credits - Pinback "Loro"

Go watch it. Ignore the haters(progression always has haters).
Old    innov8actionsports.com            01-11-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I liked Bent Felix, it was a great vid. If you havent seen The Butter Effect, then thats a have to!
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Bent Felix Is my favorite out of those two. I think liquid force set the bar high with relentless and encore was a joke. It didnt even compare and the truth is cinematically awesome but lacks with some hammers and extra footage. My favorite Vid is still counterfeit this with chads section, That gets you pumped up too ride. I hope another film with that vibe comes out soon. I like the film aspect of these new videos but in the end Ill always pop in c-this right before I go riding. Chads and murrays sections get you stoked to ride and thats part of the reason I buy the videos but I enjoy all the aspects.
Old    kc700            01-11-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Both videos are definately worth it...to name one that is better is tough because its all subjective. I may like BF better but you may hate it....The upside to BF in my opinion was Rusty...its insane how rediculous he is as a fourth year pro, and kilgus threw two more full length sections of his riding in the bonus features. The truth is amazing as well, justin stevens is incredibly solid with his progression of film and style. All in all both movies are good, but like i said..its all subjective; so get em both and see for yourself. Also, a video so many people forget, is INVISIBLE CINEMA....the friends section with harf, sharpe, and parks is rediculous...parks hucks some enormous Doubleups, soo worth it!

(Message edited by kc700 on January 11, 2007)
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-11-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
the song for lymans section is "winners and losers" -social distortion. i saw it on youtube. or google video i cant remember. lyman is my favorite rider...next to ben greenwood and shaun murray...oh and remember that im 16 so the music that you think is annoying is probably music that i like. bahaha

(Message edited by cwb_fooguitarlz on January 11, 2007)
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-12-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
I totally second that Chad Sharpe kills it in Counterfeit This. His riding is crazy. The 360 over that gap is my favorite. Sharpe and Harf in Counterfeit This are hands down my two favorite clips to watch.

That said, his section in Bent Felix is nothing to sneeze at. And Harfs is fairly good in Bent Felix as well. Only minor criticism is that both sections in Bent Felix focus heavily on big spin moves almost exclusively.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
the truth because of justin steohens $10000 camera that shoots 10000 frames per second not joking thats why the slow motion in it looks fake and because the riding is better ben greenwood is so smooth and shane and shawns part is video section of the year and aaron reeds is amazing with his w2w bs bigspin