Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    byerly137pro            07-25-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
I have my 04 Byerlys on my Marius and whenever I ride the bindings shift and today when i landed a regular w2w my front bind shifted and twisted my ankle so i had to stop for the day. So my question is where can i find screws that will keep my bindings in place, eg. what length and all that.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-25-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
dude, just go to ACE Hardware and get like 1/8th or 1/4th inch shorter screws.
Old    byerly137pro            07-25-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
I think i'll just buy a whole bunch of different sizes and see what works best.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Make sure you get stainless steel. Or they will rust.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-25-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
or you could just buy the right size...
Old    byerly137pro            07-25-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
I dont know what the right size is, I was thinking of calling CWB and just asking them what would work the best.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
I doubt they know the specs on the Hyperlite Claw system so calling CWB for a Hyperlite issue is kinda dumb. but have at.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
hyperlite board, hyperlite bindings
liquid force board, liquid force bindings

-or to really get it right-

CWB board, CWB bindings......

Sorry I just can't get into the crossdressing thing. I like to know my gear works well together. Otherwise, like everyone said, go to a hardware store and buy stainless hardware. By the way: I've never found binding screws that don't eventually come loose. Check your hardware every couple of runs. I never go anywhere without a screwdriver in my backpack.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-26-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
umm hyperlite sells a screw setups for cwb/liquid force boards, I found a good solution to be just to use two of the plastic spacers(instead of just one) on each screw, havent had them loosen up since I did this, some people also just flip around the metal washer so the neck of the tapered screw does not go all the way into the washer.