Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-21-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Question is, whould glaze make a difference in a white boat that makes it worth the effort?

If yes then can you glaze anytimebefore after wax..

glaze, wax, wax or even
wax wax glaze wax wax
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-21-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
huh ??? speak english.. lol
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-21-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
if your going to glaze then do it before the wax because it will wash right off if as soon as it gets wet
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2009, 2:44 AM Reply   
I was wondering about after 2 coats of wax, throw some glaze on (2 coats) then 2 more coats of wax?

(I already waxed her)
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2009, 3:29 AM Reply   
i don't know that the glaze would even help by then because all it does is fill in really fine scratches, like from drying it or whatever
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-22-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
I was told by a paint shop that it is better to use a paint sealant, which is similar to a wax but harder and last for up to 6 months. Wax will actually evaporate and melt when the sun beats down on the painted or gel coated surface. Anyone else heard this?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-22-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
Josh is correct. Glaze will wash off. It is used for filling very fine scratches and swirl marks prior to wax/sealant. Depends who you ask about sealant. I prefer carnuba wax because it allows the surface/finish to "breath" where a sealant does not. Drawback to carnuba is it won't stay on as long as sealant. You have to apply it more often. I don't want to trap anything in my substrate so I prefer to stay away from a sealant/teflon type of product myself.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-22-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Glaze is a polish. If you really want to do it right and you feel like getting an arm workout, then try a surface/paint cleaner, glaze, then two solid coats of wax.

The surface will look the best after glaze alone, but wont have any protection.

Like Jay said, I like Carnuba wax. Do it twice a summer and wipe down with a mixture of purified water, a cap of car wash with wax, and a cap of vinegar and the boat will look great forever.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Evan can you give more detailed instructions?

I ask because I have already done 2 coats of wax and didn't want to take it off just to apply the glaze and not really see that much of a difference.