Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2004, 10:27 PM Reply   
While wakeboarding today we turned up the stereo loud enough to hear while boarding, not louder then we've used it, and then all of a sudden we lost all sound from the speakers. The stereo has power but the amp and speakers dont. The boat is a 03 X-30. Is there a way the power was temporarally shut off and how do i turn it back on?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
Probably popped fuse for the amps. Check the amp for the fuse line.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-24-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Voltage drops can also cause the amps to power down or cause speakers to crack. If you can turn the power off to the raido, wait a few secs then turn on, and amps power up it was probably just that.
Old    tigejohn21i            06-24-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
If the amps won't turn on, check the red and black primary cables from the battery that power the amps, the big ole fuse is probably popped.
Old    nautiqueboarder            06-24-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
Amps that get too hot or draw too many ampres have what is called a diagnostics state they go into when abused. This can be reset by cycling power to the amp. If this does not work then you probably blew a fuse ON YOUR AMP. IF neither of these solve your issue check the inline fuse that you have on the power cable to the amp.

A good way to avoid this happening is get a set volume number that you do not want to go past. Then when other people are in control of your deck you say "Turn it to # 60" and then you dont have to worry about blowing anything. Hope this helps.

How big is your amp/s? Did you install it or did a professional install it. There are many incorrect ways to install an amp. I am not trying to bash, just help. I just did a crazy system install on my boat and have many years experience with car systems. Good luck.
Old    mtmoore            06-25-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
if it is the stock amps there are litte reset buttons in the back by the battery on my x10.