Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (stick)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-17-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
My wife and I just started surfing this Summer. I am 6'0 190lbs. She is 5'6 125lbs. We have been riding a Hyperlite Landlock 4'9 board.

I am looking for a faster board, something more responsive to recover on. I have been thinking about the Pink 4-Skim for her and the Green Loogey for me or one of the two for both of us.

What are your experiences with these boards? Or other recommendations for a faster board?

Thanks.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
if your going with the inlands i would say you both would like the 4skim board. I rode the yellow loogey and i wasn't really digging it. Thats just my personal opinion though. I do love the 4skim though. I have also ridden the liquid force custom and like that board as well. I am REALLY interested in the walker project boards. They appear to be BAD @$$!
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-18-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
The green loogey is super fast and easy to recover when you get far back on the wave. The big thruster fins take a few rides to get used to coming from the broadcast because it grips the water so hard but once you get used to it you will love it. The big fins make doing airs easier and pumping back up to the boat easier. They are easy to break loose for spins too. I have ridden the 4 skim too but prefer the green loogey because of how you can ride so far back on the wave effortlessly.
Old     (stick)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-18-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. My Broadcast just feels like such a dog. Hopefully one of these boards will speed the game up alittle.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-18-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
They do make a huge difference. If skim style is your kind of board then keep your eye out for the Hyperlite Swell coming out. I got a chance to ride it in Lake Tahoe last week and I liked it better than the 4 Skim by inland. It is a good mix of the inland 4 skim and a Phase 5. Epoxy board that is very loose and very fast.