Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-30-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hi guys how ya goin?

A little about myself. I have never been into wakeboarding before. Dirt bikes were my passion and I have been racing them since I was 12 years old(now 29). Gradually the riding areas around my place started shutting down as housing developments crept closer and new residents started complaining about tracks that had been there for 40 years. I started driving minimum 2 hours and paying a $40 gate fee to go for a ride which I somehow put up with. That was until I had a small crash resulting in a broken hand.
I was driving to work, my forearm still in a cast and a lightbulb went off. I thought, I live within 15 minutes of 4 boat ramps that are free to use or I can drive a 4 hour round trip and pay $40 to race for about an hour, bugger this I am getting a boat.
So a few weeks later I had a ski boat sitting in my driveway and now the bikes are for sale and I am hooked. My hand is still broken but I have been wakeboarding a couple times anyway, its awesome.

Anyway, the boat came with a Liquid Force Omega. It seems to be a great board and all my mates that have ridden it say that it is better than any other board they have ridden. They have not ridden many but a few. The thing is its very tired and I was looking for something to replace it. I really like the way it rides so wouldn't mind something similar.

I was looking at the LF Trip, thinking that would be similar but also the LF Witness and CWB Kink and Absolute, maybe even the CWB Faction.
As its end of season the guys in the shops are just clearing what they have left on the floor and I just don't feel they are telling me the 100% truth.
Compared to the moto industry there are not a lot of reviews of different wakeboarding products, or at least I cant seem to find them so any feedback would be great
Thanks