Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-02-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
06 VLX Malibu..

Have the stock prop, not sure what it is.

Want a better prop for more wieght in the boat, better hole shot....ect.

don't care if it take some from the top speed of the boat.

Any suggestions of brand, pitch and size. I figured it will already be a four blade.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
Call or email OJ. Tell then what boat you have and what you want it to do. They will tell you what you need.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
If you want the most torque, the new prop for that boat which will give the most low end torque is 14.5 x 14.25. This will bring your top speed down a lot and your cruising speed a lot too. I would only get this if you're running a lot of weight a lot of the time.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
The acme 1235 seems to be the prop of choice for a lot of owners http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7256&hl=1235
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Call ACME. I think for the Malibu it's the 1235.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
I did testing for Acme with four different props on my Moomba 23 XLV and it was a tough choice between the 1235 and the 537. But the 1235 was the one I keeped in the end . It was sick the thrust it produces, its fun the bump the throttle and feel the PULL!!!! It turn my ok driving boat into a Hell yeah lets go kind of boat. You with lose about 10 mph of top end but who buys a tow boat to go fast fast but you gain a sick hole shot that nobody will ever you to give them just a little more. I was running 650lb in the front and 1500lb in the back just to see what the props would do and the boat act like it use it with just full gas. Ask for Jim at ACME or Karl at Board it up. Both guys are great and tell them Zach sent ya.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-02-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
I knew I could count on you guys for some answers.

Thanks
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Most definitely the Acme 1235! It will handle all the weight you want to throw at it with no ill effects other than losing a couple MPH off the top end and gaining a little bigger rooster tail.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-02-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
Okay guys now I know what prop seems to work the best, but who has the best price where I can find one.
http://www.propellersonline.com/Acme.phpnow

I found them here for cheaper than wakeside, but anyone else have a cheaper place?
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Go over to the Malibu Crew and check. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?act=home