Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-15-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Coming home from work today, the joy was hard to keep in check when I saw this on my front door.
Upload
Straight from CWB and Wakeworld, making a perfect birthday present for my wife. First impressions were positive...gotta love the clean white look.
Upload
Then threw on the bindings (Limited Embers looks sweeeet) and got a couple of posed shots in the sunlight.
Upload
Check out the sparkle!
Upload
Now off to the lake, stylin' with the girlie pink.
Upload
Can't get too many angles of the new board.
Upload
Upload
Let's see how this thing rides!
Upload
A little loose because riding without the center fin (that 1.7 Skate is a beast...might have to try it next time out for kicks)
Upload
First cut...you'd think it was going to be a Raley. :-)
Upload
But I'll settle for a smooth Indy.
Upload
Thanks to CWB and Wakeworld, another day ends in the warm waters of TN with new smiles on our faces.
Upload
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-15-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
The 5th pic is dandy :-)
Old    mendo247            08-15-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Thats awesome! Congrats..
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Those shots look like they could be in the CWB catalog! Awesome.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-15-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
That's too cool. Thanks for putting up the pics. I don't often get to see the prizes once they go out!
Old    sealyon.net            08-16-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
Congrats, and great pics.Where on the TN do you ride? we're at Pickwick.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
Lyon, we're on Chickamauga, over by Harrison Bay State Park.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-16-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Loren, Congradulations on the prize, missed you at BTB this weekend. Hope you were in the water somewhere, it was really hot.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Thanks George, I didn't feel like hitting BTB...lots of people and really noisy from what I've heard. I just got an early morning run in on Wolftever...calm and peaceful :-) How did Phil do?
Old    sealyon.net            08-16-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Loren, Chichamauga is a nice lake. My wife and I did our first color cruise some years back, dropped an anchor, took a nap and both got sun burned on one side If you get a chance drop in for our rail jam on the 25th
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reminder Lyon. I've never been on Pickwick, and unfortunately won't get getting up there for the rail jam either. I'm such a homebody, when the lake is 5 minutes from home its hard to argue trailering anywhere else to ride. I need to get out more.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I love my Sapphire too. After demoing MANY boards, the Sapphire was my third one and ever board after that didn't compare to it. LOVE IT!

Nice Setup!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-16-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Loren, The crowd seemed down, many thought it was due to the heat. Noise from the River Stage was not bad if you were not right in front. Water was better than last year because the driver took a little more time between riders. TWRA and police could help more with through traffic, they were there all weekend but did little to slow traffic. I think some big signs hanging off the bridges would also help.

Phil got third in the newly created Pro Division, he rode very well on Sunday with the second best run, Rhett Watley had a killer run and Bryan had to leave before the finals.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Congrats to Phil! I'm excited to see a rider I know progress up through the ranks. Someday I'll tell people, 'Yeah, I knew that guy before he went pro.' :-)