Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-06-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Well son of a gun, how the hell is it possible to go out learn a trick and have it totally dialed in and then all the sudden you cant do it for the life of you. I had Roll 2 Reverts down and then all of the sudden I cant do them any more, same damn thing with my HS FS360. Any of you guys ever experience this Sh*% before?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-06-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
lemme get this straight...you've landed a roll2revert twice?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Tricks come and go, but the falls will always be there for you.

(Message edited by guido on October 06, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Yep. It happened to me mid season. Fortunately I've found that when you get it back, it's bigger and better than ever. (At least in my experience) You'll get it back.

Figure out what you changed and correct it. Sometimes a short break helps me.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, just take a few weeks or a month off from the trick, if your frustrated with it now, you are most likely going to force the trick and just get worked, leaving you more discouraged. Come back to it in a few weeks and go at it again. I have lost tricks too, some I have gotten back, and like J-Rod said, have gotten bigger than before, and others I have never landed again. Just take a break then go back to the basics of the trick.
Old    wakejump            10-06-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
hard to believe u can do that trick.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-06-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Why do you say that Glenn? Seems like a broad assumption to me.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
You have what i like to call the "Glitch." Once you've got something dialed and then all of the sudden you loose it. THat sucks. It has been my experience that these things happen for one of several reasons. One are you working on a similar trick that is making you do the trick wrong? For example are you trying hs fs off axis fives of three? Similar trick different technique. I have had this happen when trying ot grab the trick, or grab the board in a different spot in the move.
Or you may be jumping the gun. By this i mean that you want the trick so bad that you are leaving the wake early or to late, trying to take it to big. How are you falling onf these trick? That would help us trouble shoot it with you better. Lastely if you've only landed a trick twice, you dont really have it dialed that much, you have them dialed when you pretty much never crash. A little more explaination of the fall would help. Peace and good luck. Oh yeah, remember to keep your eyes open.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-06-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Happened to me... This summer I have landed hs fs 3, wrapped 3, raley, and tantrum. Now I cant do them, so I am sticking to big grabbed 180s and big grabs off the double up. People want to see the spins and inverts, but I like doing big 180s over a small 3 any day.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-06-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
lol leo and joe...

quote:

I had Roll 2 Reverts down and then all of the sudden I cant do them any more

what part of that makes you guys think he only did two of them?
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-06-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
No I was landing my healside Roll2Revert prob 7 out of 10 times and the HS FS360 I was landing 50% of the time. I think that I am probably throwing both of them off of the wake too early. Everything just seems to feel a bit rushed. I get out there and 180's and grabs seem to go fine and then when I start trying those other tricks it just seems like I go mental. Even on my HS Backroll I fell like I am coming off of my edge too early which is causing me to loose a ton of my pop.

Andy-
On the 3 I feel like I am not able to get the handle to the small of my back, which gives me no chance at the handle pass

On the Roll2Revert I seem to be under-rotating the 180 and most of the time I end up sliding out onto my ass.

Glad to hear that I am not the only jackass that this happens to.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-06-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
not at all mark. we all lose tricks. my backroll has gone completely out the window and that was the first invert/spin trick i learned.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
"I think that I am probably throwing both of them off of the wake too early."

usually when I'm riding bad it's because of this very same reason.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-06-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
Mark-

Try taming done the roll-to revert a little, if you slide out you maybe over rotatin. Also, when you land, try to get you chest over you toes and use your free hand and actually reach for the water by you toes.

On the three, I bet you are not pulling the handle threw you back enough. Make sure that you pull the handle into the center of you back. Also, you have to make sure that you are completely in the air before you start the spin, otherwise you will never grab the handle.

Good luck keep us posted!
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
I think everyone out there loses tricks from time to time, I know I have. I've found that it is usually just a case of getting lazy. You have a trick down so well that you stop thinking about it and eventually forget some key ingredient. This could be not keeping the handle in tight(slow/under rotation), throwing it early(offaxis/underotation), or looking back at the boat instead of direction you are heading(sliding out). I've found it helps to video attempts at the lost trick and see what you are doing wrong, even comparing it to previous good attempts if you have them on tape.