Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
so i hit up lake shasta for a week with my girlfriends family. they have a supra launch. so i ride with them for a week and have a blast. i come back home and go ride behind my boat...a sea ray with a samson tower. no ballast. it sucks because i got SO used to the huge wake that the supra throws, now come home to a boat that throws NO WAKE AT ALL. this sucks.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
That just means you gotta go spend more time at the gf's place. lol, be happy you got a boat!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Grant, go to the 'find a third/be a third' section. You've got access to all the best wakeboarding boats in the world!

-Steve
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-05-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Invest in some Fat sacs!
Made a huge difference for my wake! Now it's as good as 50k boat wake!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-05-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
"Made a huge difference for my wake! Now it's as good as 50k boat wake!"

Sorry Melissa, but I use to have a Larson that we ran 3 600 lbs sacs in w/ a tower also and the wake still was no where near the level of a wake specific boat.
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-05-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
If you say so....
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-05-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Grant - your boat is better than mine, cuz I don't have one. Some of the best snowboarders I know come from Wisconsin ... their terrain isn't challenging, but these guys tear it up because they do lots of work on basic skills, so when they come to colorado to ride they tear up any terrain! maybe wakeboarding is the same way; maybe you did so good behind your g/f's boat BECAUSE you have been riding with no wake, so having a wake enhanced skills you already possess and keep perfecting! but i hear ya on the supras - sweet boat/wake!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2006, 3:12 AM Reply   
Sean O'brien grew up riding behind a small boat. He had to work for every inch he got, now look at the height he boosts.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
It's all in how you rate the "fun factor" of riding period. My nice expensive wake boat is in the shop getting major repairs from hitting something two weeks ago....bottom hull cracked, prop, shaft, rudder, fins all toast. Two weeks in and at least two weeks to being done.

So....in the meantime, me and my boys have been wakeskating behind an ATV in our pond! There's no way I can honestly say that we have any more fun on the boat at the lake with a full day of riding. We've laughed so hard at each other, and actually progressed our skating a little too...built a little rail onto a picnic table, learned dock(actually a pick up backed up to the edge with the tailgate down)....and running bank starts, and YES...when we crash, sometimes it's in about 1 foot of nasty pond water that the cows and horses pee and poop in! We have a winch project going right now too, and we're headed to OWC next weekend.

It's not all boat!