Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-25-2009, 2:48 AM Reply   
Im thinking at the moment of purchasing a blem board however have never seen one.

what are the blems like? is it worth the extra few bucks saving?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-25-2009, 3:42 AM Reply   
NO DIFFERENCED IN PERFORMANCE. I HAVE A MAREK THATS A BLEM AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE THE LAM WAS CROOKED WHEN IT WAS PRESSED. THEYRE USUSALLY ABOUT 20-40 PERCENT CHEAPER THAN THE OTHERS. BUT DEFECTS ARE USUALLY COSMETIC.
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-25-2009, 5:17 AM Reply   
I have bought a couple of blems and never had a problem with them. One of them I could never find the blem and the other one had a tiny mark in the graphic that I probably never would have noticed if I wasn't looking for it. You might want to ask the shop what kind of blem it is but it should never effect the performance of the board.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-25-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Blems are awesome. I ride blems and have never had a problem. No company would or should sell you a blem that affects the ride. They are always cosmetic. Its funny because a lot of pros ride blems. I guess it is a good way to go through them and with the amount of rails those guys ride it makes sense.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
It's a great move financially. Like many people have stated, they have no performance flaws, it's purely cosmetic. Most of the time, it's nearly impossible to tell, and even if it is, who cares? you just got it close to half off!

Go for it!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
where do you buy blems from? do you email the company directly?

sorry for the hijack
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-25-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
When I used to get them back in the day I was getting them from Wileys located in WA (wileyski.com I think). I haven't checked them out in a long time so I don't know if they still have them often or not.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
You can find them on eBay.
http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/Water-Sports-/159136/i.html?_nkw=blem&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m282
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-25-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Bought quite a few over the years never had a problem and saved big bucks so i could buy more boards/skiis.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-28-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
I love mine, See if you spot the blem..Upload
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-28-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
well, there's a big white square on the bottom above the "h" of the hyperlite, idk if thats part of the board or not. And on the top, the warning label is printed next to the "b". But the warning label is also on the bottom so idk. Do all byerly boards have hyperlite printed on them? lol
Old     (vtrider01)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-28-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
byerly top, murray bottom
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-29-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
they are both bottoms from two different years!!! That was the original byerly legacy base. From the leather top board that. That is a murray base from last year. That is sick! I dig getting those kinds of things around. Its unique!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-29-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
The square is the quality control sticker.. Yes I love it also. I think I paid 150 or so I thought it was a great deal.

(Message edited by Otown_dave on September 29, 2009)