Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
I very rarely hit double-ups, but I was going at them this weekend and it was a hella good time. I noticed that it seems like I fly forward with the boat a lot more off the dub. Is this just because I'm in the air longer so obviously I'm flying with the boat farther? Is it because I'm noticing other rollers going under me? Or does it have to do with more line tension blasting me forward? Maybe it's all in my head, but it sure seemed like I was covering a ton of distance forward.

I also learned that doing a lot of dubs can take a toll on the body which is why I couldn't ride yesterday and will be visiting the doctor this week about my leg.
Old     (mackr0s)      Join Date: May 2006       07-18-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
what happened to your leg?
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
It started to hurt in the middle of my shin on landings more and more until I thought it would be best to stop. I've broken that Tibia before, so I'm hoping it's not some small thing with the bone, but we'll see.

Anyone have any thoughts about shooting forward off of dubs?
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-18-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Sounds like it might be your driver...make sure he's got his speed VERY steady BEFORE he starts to bang off the rollers, might need to take a wider turn. If he's still trying to get to speed after the turn and you hit that DUP and accelerate, you're likely to end up on your face, with the board coming around scorpion-tailing you in the back of the head, cracking 3/4 of your spine on the way up and sliding into the sweet oblivion of unconciousness.

Not that I know from experience or anything...but the driver makes the dup, and is infinitely more important to the equation than a lot of people think.

(Message edited by tonality on July 18, 2006)
Old     (mackr0s)      Join Date: May 2006       07-18-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
keep us posted. Its sounds like something Im going through with my leg. Ill take a landing in the flats, and I get this pain in my shin bone. After a day of rest it feels fine. Then I go back out and take another hard landing and it hurts a tiny bit worse. Hurts for a few hours, then clears up. I have not gone to my doc yet.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Tony-

You have a very good point and that very well could be what's happening. Luckily I didn't experience and scorpian like characteristics.

Jace-

Yeah, that's pretty much what's going on for me too, but now it has become constant and has even spread into my ankle. I'm going in on Thursday morning to see what the deal is.