Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-09-2009, 6:11 AM Reply   
Anyone done this? I have seen RV's that have it and was thinking about adding it to my boat so I can watch football and get butter. Is it possible?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-09-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
I know on the yachts I work on have a large dome mounted on the arch for the dish.I guess if you don't mind having one on your tower I don't see why you couldn't do it on a wake boat too.You probably need a DC to AC converter to run the components.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
Check out KVH TracVision, he have it on our Sea Ray...

they make versions that run on DC or AC but you will still have to have AC to run your TV unless you are going to do some kind of 12V system with car screens

only other issues is the domes are HUGE

The best one for your application is going to be the M3 I believe whish will do both Direct TV and Dish Network you can find the equipment new on eBay for about 3,000$
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
My dad uses tracvision on his boat.

http://www.kvh.com/tracvision_kvh/

He used to use direct TV and just added another reciever from his house account. but obviously he coudl only use it when he was docked in his home slip.

The tracvision is pretty cool, but it's expensive.

Your best bet is just hook up a smaller LCD TV ( best viewing in bright rooms) and a good antenna and catch the games on broadcasted loacl channels ( ABC, NBC, ect)
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-09-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
thanks for the help guys. I'll post pics if i can make it happen
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
No disrespect intended, but why would you want to be distracted from what's going on with people in your boat, what's going on behind it and the beauty of the lake or river environment that you're in? Isn't that why we go out on the boat, to get away from the "to do" list, TV, e-mails, work, school, etc. and just enjoy the day?
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-09-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
^^^ :-)
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-09-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yeah but it might be nice to catch a football game out on the lake.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-09-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
The HD air broadcasts are awesome. It blows me away how many people don't know that they can get 5-15 HD channels with just rabbit ears.

I would be surprised if a Tracvision would work in a wakeboat. Seems like wakeboats would bounce around too much to stay locked on the signal (compared to their typical application on a houseboat or RV).
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
I just watched the Volunteer's season opener Saturday on the boat. My friend has a 12V monitor that has RCA jacks for audio and video. I plugged in the D2A converter box that I got free with the government coupon program. I used a small power inverter for the converter box. I hooked up a set of rabbit ears and the digital picture came in perfect. The audio was routed through the stereo. It was great! We got to enjoy one of the few remaining sunny days on the lake and catch our favorite team at the same time.

Jman
Old     (kbob)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-09-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Andy G. DVR was invented for a reason. :-)
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-09-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Depends on how much you like football. Me I am with yeah. But I got buddies who would love to be able to watch the game while out on a boat.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-09-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Whats wrong with a t.v. on a boat? We use it to watch the book training series, or watch delta sessions for a little inspiration, plus with the tracker cam we can see what we're doing wrong! I have often thought of putting the tracvision on my boat but the lack of space on the tower and the costs are too much!

Text description
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-09-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm with Andy G. DVR it, watch it at home, and have some fun on the lake with family and friends. If thing get boring try the age old art of conversation
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
can you hook a receiver or antenna (SP?) to the Malivue?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
I think you can now watch your Direct TV from a computer so just get a wireless card from Verizon or whom ever and your laptop out there and your good.