Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                10-25-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Yo, i cant do hs 360s obviously, just regular hs bs 360s not blind 3's yet, didnt win a comp cause this kid did a 360 and i didnt do one, i do tanny, hs and ts b-rolls, raleys...bel airs...double grab 180s all that good stuff but its so pethetic that i cant do a 3, the handle just doesnt pass! it just does not go to the other hand any help on this would be greatly appreciated
P3ace
Old                11-10-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
i can't get the handle pass what should i do??
Old                11-10-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
It's like the running back that keeps fumbling the ball. You run drills to make sure you don't fumble, hold on tighter, change the angle of the ball when you carry it.

Handle pass, you can't pass the handle if it isn't close to your body number 1 and number two, it's nothing like snowboarding. It's not nearly as fluid. You have to yank the hell out of it.

So, pop first off the wake, pull the handle to your BACK hip and pass.

POP - PULL - PASS

I'm OUT
Old                12-11-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Think about it as pulling yourself towards the boat with the handle. Pull the handle to your back hip which will move you towards the boat. Pull with both hands not just one. If you pull hard with both hands after you leave the wake, this will put the handle to the middle of your back, then with practice move your other hand to your back to get the handle. The handle should be just above your butt in the middle of your back waiting for your other hand to come grab it. It takes a few times to find the handle but once you get it you've got it. I hope this helps a little.
Old     (stevegattuso)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-16-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
DONT CONCENTRATE SO MUCH ON THE HANDLE PASS...YOU CAN LAND HS 3'S WITH OUT A HANDLE PASS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO. IF YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE PASS TO MUCH YOU USUALLY ONLY GET ABOUT HALFWAY AROUND...THEN YOU STOP SPINNING BECAUSE YOU ARE FUMBLING FOR THE HANDLE. CUT IN TOWARDS THE WAKE AGGRESSIVLY. ABOUT 10 FEET OUTSIDE THE WAKE START TO LET OFF OF YOUR CUT. BY THE TIME YOU HIT THE WAKE YOU WANT THE BOARD TO FLATTEN OFF, SO YOU ARE BARELY EVEN ON EDGE. POP FIRST! WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE AIR BEFORE PULLING THE HANDLE TO YOUR BACK TO INITIATE THE SPIN. LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER TO SPOT THE LANDING IS HUGE. IN MOST CASES YOUR BODY GOES WHERE YOUR HEAD IS- SO IF YOU STOP LOOKING YOU STOP SPINNING. WORRY ABOUT THE HANDLE PASS WHEN YOUR SPIN IS BASICALLY COMPLETED ( YOU HAVE YOU LANDING SPOTTED AND AND HANDLE IS COMPLETELY BEHIND YOUR BACK. HONESTLY TRY ONE WAKE 360'S WITHOUT THE HANDLE PASS AND SNATCH THE HANDLE WHEN YOU LAND. THAT WILL MAKE YOU ALOT MORE COMFORTABLE SPINNING...ALSO TRY SURFACE 360 TO GET THE FEELING DIALED IN.

HOPE THIS HELPS

STEVE GATTUSO
END OF THE LIKE SKI SCHOOL
Old     (muddyboss)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-01-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
yeah, make sure you have the handle in tight and low on your cut in, flatten just off the top to keep your body straight and pull the handle in, slight towards the corner of your hip to help the rotation. Giving it a yank will also help with the pass.