Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
I just wanted to put this out, try to enlist all the WakeWorld help I can get.

So over the past 3-4 years, Bates has become one of my closest friends, and a great riding buddy. Now he is a busy guy, and became a lot more busy when he became team manager for CWB last year. I think he only got out to ride but a few times last year, and has yet to join us this year. I miss my riding buddy, and worry about him not getting out on the water enough (we all know how good it is for the soul). So I would like to ask everyone's help here. Please post up and let Stevie know how important it is that he get out there and enjoy some riding just for the fun of it. He has given so much to the wakeboard world, he deserves a pat on the back, and a bit of relaxation.

Steve - You da man! Have a seat for your butt in my boat anytime!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-23-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
I always thought he rode way too much. I mean, how many fashion airs in a row can you do?? Give someone else a chance to make a fool of themselves! Just kidding! Come on, Steve. You've got that shiny new boat. Go use it!
Old     (ride_4_life)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-23-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
batesy boy, you made the first step of gettin the boat registered and inspected now use it brotha...just don't fall on any fashion airs cause you know its bad luck for life
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
Tank you must be in need of some new equipment, buttering up Bates and all.
Ya gotta remember Bates is getting old, he needs to take it easy. Believe me theres a TON of miles on that ol boy !! He went through at least 8 1/2 of his lives here in Winter Haven.
The best way to get Steve out on the water is to ask permission from his wife for him, so he doesnt have to.
Ahhhhh just kidding, Bates is a good guy with a very strange sense of humor ya just gotta love.

GET OUT ON THE WATER BATES!!! YOU SLACKER !!

p.s. red says hello
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I heard he won't be riding anymore, because people make fun of kneeboarders!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Wait he hasn't ridden this year?!?! Bates, you need help, I'm coming down!! Think about it, we can even leave your boat. Go for a spin in Tank's ride, I know you like that wake, c'mon buddy! Last time I rode with Steve was a few years back (Jeff, you were there) and he was working on a TS BS 3, took him a couple tries but he got it, nice!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Red? That nice man who offered to shoot me? Dang, I forgot to send him a Christmas card last year.

Actually I have been riding his gear for the last 6 months... I keep telling him how much he should be liking his board.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
What kind of homo-erotic thing do you boys have going on here???? You know me, I know Steve, we all know eachother. Maybe pretty soon we can all get together and cry into a towel together about how much we miss each other......

You guys know I am just messing with you. I miss all you dudes and hope that everyone, including Bates, gets there butts out on the water for some waketastic adventures this summer.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Tank, not the D-Bag Red that posts on here under 22 different names. Bates knows what Red I'm talking about.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Holy crap, Josh is that you? How is/was law school?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yeah boy, get some riding in. We are planning on stealing you from the Wake Games and riding a few sets while we are all out here together.

Josh- your still a tool, but I love you anyway. Take a break from work one of these days and hit us up.

You too Heavy!!
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Stephan - Law school has come and gone, and now I spend my weekdays working away thinking about how many bullets it will take to clear a straight line down the lake on the weekends. Hows up north treating ya?

Poser - You know i got the love for ya baby. Ill be hitting you up soon so that we can spread some of that butter you got out there together. FYI - that wall ride is coming this year... boo ya
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Stephan - Law school has come and gone, and now I spend my weekdays working away thinking about how many bullets it will take to clear a straight line down the lake on the weekends. Hows up north treating ya?

Poser - You know i got the love for ya baby. Ill be hitting you up soon so that we can spread some of that butter you got out there together. FYI - that wall ride is coming this year... boo ya
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
El Norte is good, I hear you on the weekend riding, up here it can be done though. I think in a few weeks we all need to invade Chuck/Brandon's hood.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-24-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat as Steve..... haha no boat!

Man I can't believe that I haven't rode this year yet.

Jeff ~ Are we still on for May?
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
I hear you on that dude... we gotta get out to the Bake-O-Paradise sooner then later.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Bug - Hell Yeah! We both got the day off. Sent you guys an email, did you get it?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-25-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Most of my favorite wakeworld users in one thread.. this is very exciting.

Frew - Awesome! I'm excited to see you and Cindy and take Matthew out on the boat. Should be interesting to see Anthony take his first ride in at least six months.

Hi Josh! Hug Bob for us.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Frew ~ No email. Re-send please.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey Liz.... I sure will...Also, we have Jack now.. Bobs natural son... he rocks as well!!

- and I'm retty sure there was talk of a little ripper being brought into the scene fo you guys? I hope all is well and you guys are rocking out up there!! Hope to see both you and the Bug one of these days...

And Frew--- emails are being sent out left and right, heartfelt declerations are made in an effort to save Bates from rotting away in his garage and falling asleep before 9:00pm, but you just throw me by the wayside..... where's the love master of the CC's??

AHHHHHH... the good ol days huh
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
CWB couldnt have a better team manager than Baites. I mean that Ive hung out with him a few times and hes the most level headed nicest guy ive met in awhile. His wife Lisa's the same way. Steve if your ever back up in the Visalia area we'll dump the boat in the river or lake and shred. Even if you only got an hour. Lets get baites some ridin time!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Master Baites go ride dude. you spend to much time and worked to hard on that slidder at the Wake2Wake event. you did get one nice tan line off of that day hahahaha. me and tony could always come up and make sure that that new x star of your is still working or make sure that the batteries stay charged hahahah.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Josh - Awwww... we have a Jack too. Puppies are the best.

Our little man is five months old already and taking his first ride on the Frew mobile next month.. can't wait. We'll post pictures for sure.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Bug & Liz! - You gots email! Looking forward to playing hookey with you guys & Matthew!

Josh? Is that you? Long time hear, Amigo! Last I heard you & your sofa were going "PRO" on the X360 live circuit... Is your ride still stickered for CL? Either way, still have room for you on our's anytime. How 'bout we both work Stevie on taking us out on his new X-Star. He need to put hours on it anyway, you can video him filling the thing up for the first time. He might have to go 30 year fixed. Hit me back, Brutha!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Frew - No email. Send to elizabeth.lamarca@rhi.com
Excited for the visit! :-)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-29-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
I got it and sent it to our joint account.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Frew Master - As a matter of fact my couch is now sitting in the Xbox Live hall of fame right next to Bates' bronzed controller.

I have to renew that registration for CL this year, i sat off it last year becuase the water level was way down, and just stuck to the lonely channel... hahah..Always glad to hear that your doing good bro, and will definetely be buzzing you up this year to log some time on the butter.

I think that we better get that X star out in the water some time soon so we can see what Bates is working with this year... rock and roll bro.