Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
Anybody see the show today? I was channel scanning and saw these guys hiding across the street from a guys house with a Malibu that they were going to take. They follow this guy to a lake in oregon. Take the trailer off his truck and put it on there's. Then when these poor saps stop to dock and eat, they hop in the boat and hook it up and leave. Talk about a bummer!!! Make sure you keep up on your payments or you never know.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
it's a repeat....and a lot of people here have seen and discussed it.

(not rippin' on you at all)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-15-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
WOW its a George Palovcak sighting. What's up, where have you been hiding? How's your winter going so far? I saw that episode before. It was funny cause at one point they kinda lost the guy.Come ON SPRING!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hey Jim, I have been real busy at work. I was in Phoenix last week for business( no boarding) did not get back until saturday night so I missed the SOS party, Just trying to get all looses end done so spring time I am ready to go.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-15-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
Thats kinda funny, since the lake theyre at is pretty much one of our sole riding spots. TV also makes these guys seem like geniuses... " his hunch was correct, he is going to Lake Billy Chinook" lol thats because its the only lake going that way till you get to the other side of the mountains. But that would definitely suck. So just curious how many of you guys have a lock for your trailer even when it is hooked up, cause I know we do, and its in there so i doubt youd be able to get our trailer off with anything less than a plasma cutter of course unless you have the key.
~Tyler~
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-15-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
I also have mine locked at ALL times.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
I lock mine also anytime the trailer / boat is sitting outside.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-16-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
I lock mine not for safety reasons more than anything. I feel the need to put some kind of pin through it when towing so I bought a lock to go through there.
I did have someone take my safety chain one time.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       12-16-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
how many of us take the keys out of the ignition when you're tied up............I never did.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-16-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
seriously???? Man, I used to be pretty trusting, but leaving the keys in the boat was one step further than I'd go. These days I'm hesitant to leave my boards/gear visible when I am away from the boat (If it's too far for me to see).

That said: If you pay your bills you wont have to worry about the repo man. That's kinda funny. Maybe instead of going out and wasting gas driving his boat he should've been at home figuring out a way to pay for it.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-19-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
This has been discussed on the Malibu Website. One of the moderators over there knows the people who had their boat "repossessed".

It turns out, the discovery channel paid these people a couple hundred bucks to allow them to "film" this show. They actually still own the boat and never missed a payment.

Unfortunately, this makes that show look like a total joke.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-19-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
That is great. Cant beat reality TV that is not real.

I only leave my keys in the boat if I am close enough to keep an eye on it.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-19-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
"It turns out, the discovery channel paid these people a couple hundred bucks to allow them to "film" this show. They actually still own the boat and never missed a payment."

Yeah, that's what they said! LOL

For a couple large and they can come to Florida and film a repo on a '02 X5.
Old    brad_gill            12-19-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
yup that would suk i would never leave my something of mine in the open