Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
Had an idea jump in my head while at work earlier today.

Could a BI-directional winch ride be made with 2 winches hooked together?

Upload

The lines could be hooked together end to end to a ring. another rope (10 ft maybe) with a handle connected at mid way.

three people minimum of course would be needed to ride:
2 for running the winches
1 rider

the spool on the winches would have to be releasable i imagine and the one not pulling would have to be released. so the ride would not be continuous.
1000 ft line would be a good length, since only half could be used at a time (- a couple ft.) giving about 500 ft riding distance.

a ride would be limited to ride on toeside or heelside only unless the rider jumps over the winch rope(s) or if the winches are on a hill up high ;)
or am i just crazy with cold weather?