Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (huh01)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-06-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
I’ve been holding off writing this review hoping that my issues would be resolved. While the majority have been fixed, I feel that I should let everyone know what a poor experience we had with Ski Supreme and the lack of concern they have for customer service.

Back in July of 2010 our family purchased a brand new 2010 Ski Supreme V208 from a dealer in BC. At first glance everything looked great and we were extremely happy with the boat. This is our first inboard so we were all very excited to get the boat in the water. As time went on our excitement turned to regret as we started seeing more and more issues with the boat. Along with the issues came very little response or concern from Supreme regarding our issues. Below is a list of the issues that we encountered which have now been fixed by the dealer, six months after our purchase.

List of issues:

- Supreme decals on the side begin to fall off. We eventually lose 5 or 6 letters *Day 1 of owning boat
- Hour meter doesn’t work. *Day 1
- Swim platform completely rips off the boat and ends up floating in the middle of the lake. *Day 2
- Both batteries are dead, turns out isolator was improperly installed. *Day 2
- Lights on trailer stop working, poor electrical installation. *Day 3
- Rear power outlet stops working. *Week 3
- Trim around dash separates from windshield. *Week 3
- RPM and speedometer gauges stop working. *Week 4
- Ballast pump start failing. *Week 4
- Vinyl around dash starts buckling and separating from dash. *Week 4
- Electrical issues prevent us from using the stereo… switching ballast on caused the stereo to short out. *Week 4

This is a list of the major items, there are also additional smaller problems that needed to be addressed.

Living in Canada our season is quite short, these issues basically cut our time on the boat in half for the season. During the season there were some attempts at getting the isolator issue resolved, we purchased a new isolator switch at the recommendation of Supreme. This of course did not fix our problem, and now we are out the cost of the isolator switch of which we have been told numerous times that we would be reimbursed for. 5 months later we have received nothing. The cost of this part is minimal, it’s the principle of it that bothers me.

Now, I do want to let everyone know that we bought the boat from a different dealer that we had the repairs done at. Due to limited inventory we traveled to a different dealer to purchase the boat. Both dealers were overly helpful in getting us back on the water, both spending time with us over the phone trouble shooting the issues. Once the boat was at the dealer the slow response from Supreme appeared again and 3 months later the boat is finally fixed after numerous delays on parts from Supreme.

In the end my contact at Supreme agreed that this is horrible customer service but basically said nothing else and had little to say about rectifying the situation.

Hopefully others don’t have the same experience.

Neil