Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone had any info, prices, or experiences with vehicle wraps??

I'm thinking about getting a Chevy Astro Van to pull our pop up trailer, or boat with, I know it's got the power to pull either one, we used to have a n astro that made a few cross country trips with trailers, but the question at hand is how much would it be to wrap it.

I want somewhat of a MC/HoustonMC theme to it, so I could take it to the Lake, or to events and advertise, I'm not worried about how wild it looks, it's only for the lake! I also want to update the interior, sound system, wet bar, board storage, something of the sort!!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear em!!

Give me interior, stereo, wrap, tire, storage, bar, or any other kind of suggestions for updating a 90 something astro van!!
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Is it a cargo or passenger style? 2wd or 4wd. I've always loved the look of slammed Astros, just not for pulling boats out of the water...

I would think a nice set of wheels, new grille, maybe some lighting (depends if your going for a street or offroad look), roof racks for your boards, etc. That would update it alot and get rid of the minivan stigma. I would maybe stay away from the bar thing, just depends how much you get pulled over

A full wrap on an Astro would be in the $2500 range, maybe less depending on who does the design. Not trying to be commercial here, I always suggest people shop it around. Alot of sign shops are taking some stupid class these days and thinking they can wrap anything. I would suggest staying away from a shop that doesn't have a good sized gallery of past work. Feel free to PM for some examples of vans we've done.

Sounds like a fun project, be sure and post some pics, BTW, what boat do you pull with it?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
It would be the passenger style, probably wouldn't lower it, all the mechanic work would be done by my dad, he was a mechanic in his younger years, and can still work his way around a car fairly well!! I'd probably go for the street look, but I'm thinking more functional. maybe some fire truck lights that can be set up to a generator or even alternate battery source to light an event from above, if that makes any sense. the halogen lights that extend up high, and retrofit them to extend off the back and then come back down when driving. I don't get pulled over often, but I was thinking even with a minibar, maybe doing a little fridge with a lock on it, that way it keeps me out of trouble and covered, I think I have my laws right, and if the liquor is locked up then there is no problem. Even if I kept the bar empty regularly and filled it for events, I like the idea. I was thinking of removing the back seat to give some more room.

Could you shoot me an e-mail with some of the stuff you've done?? JoshLBusby@yahoo.com is the e-mail address!! This is all just concept right now, but I'd love to get some of these things into the works A.S.A.P., and I definitely don't want to opt out on the cost and get crappy work!!

As far as what boat I pull with, I've kind of sold my soul to Houston Mastercraft and Mastercraft in general. I have a 93 Maristar 225 that I'm in the process of restoring, it's got a new engine, and some new Boss Audio on the inside. It runs like a charm, but has a little list of to-do's that aren't going to be cheap. New upholstery, Ballast, Installing our tower, and getting tower speakers and a sub are on the list as of now. I love the boat, just needs a little TLC.

As far as MC goes, I ride behind an '07 X-Star fully loaded, and soon to be a CSX 220, which is our demo boat!