Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    smitty98            07-07-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
Mates got a 40hp tinny, is it possible to get up on a wakeboard? Ususaly i run behind a 140 and have no problem.

I think the only problem would be getting up, i asume once ur up ud be right. Is there a trick to getting up (teaching new people) behind a boat with small power?
Old    mt_hed            07-07-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
Haha Yeah, it's possible. I've actually gotten up behind a 15 hp aluminum fishing boat on a river. It took about 30 seconds to completely get up, and we had to go down river and shift people around in the boat to do it successfully, but it worked. I recommend only taking a driver, a rider, and one spotter or else it may be too heavy to get the person up quickly. Also, keep the spotter in the front of the boat while starting so the boat planes as quickly as possible. After that, the spotter can shift around in the boat. It is a ton of work, but it's worth it just for the bragging rights.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-07-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Absolutely. I learned on a 40 horse w/ 3 people in the boat. You can pretty much steer the boat from the end of the rope, but it can be done.
Old     (jamesb)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-07-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Works fine but does take longer to get up. If you have trouble getting on the plane, start by doing a wide turn to let the boat get the revs up and slingshot the person out of the water.

But you should be able to get up in a straight line without a problem. I have gotten up behind a 10foot tinny with a 25 on the back.
Old    helix_36            07-07-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
I've been behind a boat with a 9.8 hp merc.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I've been behind a 54' pilothouse with twin 800hp CAT turbo diesels... oh wait, wrong post. Sorry guys!
Old    vip20882000            07-11-2003, 12:30 AM Reply   
I got up behind a 30hp 14ft tinny loaded with 3 buckets (abt 150lbs each) and i adult in the boat.