Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2009, 2:42 AM Reply   
How much discount should I expect on a Nautique 2010 SAN210 TE? How much in % below MSRP is reasonable?

How to bargain with my dealer? Any tips?
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 3:18 AM Reply   
I could be way off here but I think I read recently that looking for a new current year boat you should expect at least 10% off of MSRP or asking price. If you can get 15% you are doing really well. I ended up buying a leftover 2008 210 TE because I couldn't pass up the deal they gave me. Are you set on a 2010? I know where there are a couple more 08's still in shrink wrap if you are interested.
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
Tim doing you mind telling me how much you paid for your 08?
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
etang789 I sent you a message.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
I really don't get the the attempts to keep how much you paid for a boat private. If I asked you how much you paid for your tow vehicle, I'm sure you would happily post it. I dont mean it as a personal attack and certainly don't intend to offend, just something I cant stand about this forum. By making prices public, it helps us all determine if the boat we are looking at is a good deal. Off my soap box
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
^ Agreed.... most likely the dealer tells them:
this price, between you and me okay?

All I know is that I saw an 08 unused 230 Loaded for 60k... I actually thought that was a pretty good deal.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
It's hard to compare boat prices. There are still options even on the team package. What motor, trailer, covers, bimini etc. People say they are loaded. What does loaded mean to you?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-02-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
And where are you located. I would think location can make up to a 5% difference in price easily.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
I am torn on making prices public for everyone to see. Today (might feel different tomorrow, I don't know) I think it is only fair to my dealer to not make the price public for a number of reasons. To make it totally fair I would have to type out exactly what my boat came with and what add on items I negotiated when I worked my deal. I would have to type out exactly what make and model trailer I ordered and what options I got on it, which probably isn't even available elsewhere geographically. Then I run the risk of being ridiculed for not doing a good enough job negotiating my deal, because inevitably someone will say they can or did get it cheaper, even though they may or may not be telling the truth.

One of the other things to consider is location. It is probably easier to get a better deal in areas that aren't like SoCal. That is tough to factor that in when considering a deal. Also time of year or time of month may be a factor for obvious reasons too. It can all come down to two identical boats with different colors being more or less desirable. I think there are just too many variables involved for me to post up a price with no specifics.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
its personal preference. I don't like it when people ask me what I paid for certain things and I don't go asking what others paid for their toys.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
Why the hell do people always ask that with boats? I don't mean here but out and about. I get it all the time "hey nice boat, how much something like that cost?" I would never ask somebody that.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
I would feel stupid if I said I got a great deal I couldn't pass up, post the price here, then have a bunch of guys say they paid way less. I think thats what keeps people from posting.
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Just PMed you Tim

I think sharing pricings will benefit forum users in the future, so I dont go against it.
Old    shooter_08            09-02-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I dont see an issue with price sharing as long as it is in this context. I also feel the "secret pricing" has got to go.

Nice 08 (almost loaded) 210 during last off season w/ trailer= 58K before tax/license

Good luck
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
my dealer has (or at least had as of a few weeks ago) a left over 210 TE for $50k. I thought that was a pretty smoking deal. He also had a new '08 230 for $67k.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
my dealer has (or at least had as of a few weeks ago) a left over 210 TE for $50k. I thought that was a pretty smoking deal. He also had a new '08 230 for $67k.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-03-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Here's a leftover '08 that the dealer in Porltand will sell for $53K.

http://www.nwski.com/new_inventory_detail.cfm?id=167

Upload
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
I will say that California Correct Craft in SoCal are also very good guys. Bill and Pete, and Mack in service are all awesome and I know they would beat anyone else's pricing if given the opportunity to do it.

(Message edited by ctimrun on September 03, 2009)
Old    shooter_08            09-03-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Love the green! If price includes trailer, that looks like a good deal. I dont know why anyone would want a 10 unless they were looking to special order a color. Not much difference except for some bells / whistles and the new tower option. Save the money and add your own after market bells whistles
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-03-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
^^^ yep, trailer included. not sure about other stuff like bimini, cover, stereo, dual battery, etc.

If I was buying a 210, I'd offer $50 on the green one with those extras I mentioned above all included.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-03-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
isn't that a non-team boat though?
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
agree tim regarding cal.correct craft,although i have a supra my next boat will correct craft, pete has been more than helpful, on a side note regarding giving out prices, boats and r.v's are very difficult to find true dealer cost, there is no edmunds.com for boats and rv's .does anyone really know how good of a deal they got??
Old    shooter_08            09-03-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
No Edmunds, but they do have NADA...You know if you got a deal by compairing what others pay from ww
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
That green boat looks to be a TE because of the stickers on the side of it but it says right on the dealers site that it is a Super Air Standard. I don't think that is a very good deal at all. I actually considered one just like that and it was considerably less, but when I looked at the build sheets comparing the Standard with the TE, there were considerable differences I didn't want to settle for.

I also had to have a Titan tower because it collapses lower than the regular tower and I have ti fit mine in a 7' high garage opening. Good excuse huh?

Old     (linder)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-04-2009, 12:11 AM Reply   
There is a really nice Green 2008 Team 210 at California marine sports in fairfield, I looked at it four months ago and he wanted 56, its still there and I'm sure he'd like to get rid of it.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
Nick, that's the one I'm talking about @ $50k, he still had it as of a few weeks ago. Great deal for a TE.
Old    shooter_08            09-04-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
I didnt notice that it wasnt a TE. I would want at least a LE because of the dash. The other upgrades to make it a team could be added later.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2009, 11:09 PM Reply   
The problem with upgrading a non TE boat to have the options of the TE is the prices of the options add up very quick. I looked at getting a non team boat and adding some of the options I wanted, and it did not make sense for me to do this to save $1K and still not have near the options I got on my TE. I hope this makes sense.
Old     (linder)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-05-2009, 1:15 AM Reply   
Thats a really nice boat Tommy, I have been by a few times thinking about making the plunge, in the end its just too small for my needs.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
Nick, I prefer the 230 as well, just a big bump up in price. Funny thing about the '08's is that they are rated for less ppl than the '09's and up. The '08 210 is rated for 10, the '09 for 12. I bring our little ones and families with other kids on board, rating for 12 would be nice. Not sure you can get that changed...