Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
I was wanting to know if this would be descent for wakeboarding. I wanted a ski natique 2001 but my dad keeps saying about how it is such an old boat.

http://www.theboatlink.com/pack2details1.php?id=259
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
also I was wondering if the old ski centurions were good because they look alot like the 2001

http://www.theboatlink.com/pack2details1.php?id=264
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
If you have to get a boat from the 80's you have to get a correct craft. Model 2001. Small but absolute awesome wake. Its all about the hull and the wake. I have many friends with boats and one of the best is my buds old dirty Naughty. 1982 2001 inboard. Maybe cost you 7-8K
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
I know but but its hard to convince my dad on a boat that old
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-26-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
So, you can convince your dad to buy a 90 Brenedlla but not an 89 Nautique.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Look at Jons boat. Now that is what I am talking about! Nice Boat!!
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
thats what I want but my dad always complains about how old it is
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-26-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
the answer is still the same, as it was the week before. Everyone is going to tell you to get a 2001..
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
I know but how do I convince my dad. My coach says its a good boat and everyone else does too. we loked at one very close. He was totally judging a book by its cover and age it didnt help that the interior was being redone. He said there was problems with it. I said name some he said " the throtle and steering wheel are worn". That is know prob.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Wakeman, I bought a new boat but my old one I kept. It drove better than some brand new ones that I tested. It's 26 years old and the interior was redone 4 years ago. The steering cable was redone 6 years ago. The leg was rebuilt 4 years ago. It's on its third top. The vinyl was repaired once when we had otters eat part of it. We changed the oil and kept it tuned.
Add all that up and it's not much for a quarter century of use. The thousand of dollars you save on an old boat can pay for an awful lot of fixes.
One of the reasons for the new boat was the added safety for my kids that an inboard has.
I know that an old boat can be very good, and I know that there are some real advantages to an inboard. My brother-in-law's boat a new Four Winns two summers ago and his son (now 17) can out perform the boat. It's limiting his ability to improve. They would have to sell their new boat to make a difference but I don't think they will.
Print this and give it to your Dad. I'm fifty. If I had a boat with a better wake when I was young it would have been a lot less work waterskiing and I might have been much better than I am.

I hope you get your new 'Old' boat. If you don't remember that some times your Dad will make decisions you don't agree with and that will still be OK.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
thanks guys
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
nothin throws a wake like a 2001. hands down. you are just gonna keep hearing the same thing man. when you are comparing old boats, the 2001 is the boat that anything will be compared to, and the 2001 will always win. the wake is amazing. oh and why would you even look at brendella when they arent even around anymore. that right there should tell you something
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-26-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Actually I think Brendella is now Calabria? And they made a quality boat, even jets and v-drives back in the day so I wouldnt think quality is an issue with them.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
that boat is not going to be what you want. good slalom boat, but not a wake for boarding. Do a search and you should find some info.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
here is one I found near me what do you guys think

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/8/88282848.htm
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
not bad...not enough information to really tell. it wasnt a bad year for the boat, it looks to have new carpet and the vinyl looks decent...but you cant tell for sure from the pics. Its gonna need a good buffing, but the boat should look brand new, that and if its in perfect condition, thats a realllllly good price and id go for it