Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
The filling fitting on my center locker fat sac is split and the sac leaks due to this. The fitting is a black rubber elbow that is directly connected to the sac. Is there any way to replace the fitting without replacing the sac?

Thought I saw a thread about this at one time but wasn't paying attention and can't find it now.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Pics. Anyone ever encountered this problem?

Upload

Upload
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-18-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
I don't know about yours in particular, but I wouldn't expect that black tube to be a permanent part of the sac. From the little I can see in the pictures, it looks like you should be able to cut it away from the blue part, and the blue part looks like it may or may not be part of the sac. If you try it, go really slow, you may have to due it bit by bit with a utility knife if everything is glued together.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Lou,

I've taken the sac apart to clean it the other weekend and discovered the leak at that time. The fitting is permanently attached to the blue back which is inside the grey bag. Are you suggesting I cut it out and replace with some other fitting?

We were out yesterday and the leak is worse. After filling up, the sac was only half full after my first set. So, I gotta find a fix or buy a new one.

An idea from a separate thread, I'm thinking of using 3M 5200 Marine adhesive while re-attaching the male coupling that goes inside the split piece. Crank that down and then take apart only the other end of the male coupling if necessary in the future. Anyone tried this?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Bump. Nobody's deal with this problem? I gotta throw the sac away?