Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mnpracing)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-02-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
Anyone else have this issue? It's a bad pic but essentially the bow doesn't quite line up with the bow roller. I've inspected the bunks and I can't readily see damage or bent bunk mounts, etc. Winch tower seems straight with no issues either. Any ideas on the process to get this lined back up? Since the bow roller is a "V", the bow eye is torqued to one side as the roller puts pressure on one side of the bow eye. The boat is a 2008 Moomba LSV.

Last edited by mnpracing; 08-02-2011 at 7:53 PM. Reason: added info
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-03-2011, 5:03 AM Reply   
My bow roller doest do this but the roller before it does. I haven't looked into yet but am very interested on the fix.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-03-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Mine's an older Supra on the original trailer, but it does that too. Cranking it up it ends up slightly to the same side as yours. I just stand in the water while I'm winching that last bit and shove the bow to get centered, crank a little, shove it again, crank... Not a huge deal but it is annoying. I had thought about swapping my roller for one of those V shaped pads. Also might redo the wood and carpet on the V bunk right up front. I wonder if that was ever redone on mine if it wasn't lined up perfect.
Old     (supra_21v)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-03-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Man I have a 06 21v and it just started doing this a few weeks ago. Have to do the same as cory mentioned.
Old     (mnpracing)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-03-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_21v View Post
Man I have a 06 21v and it just started doing this a few weeks ago. Have to do the same as cory mentioned.
Does it stay centered when you do Cory's method? I can center it when loading but then as soon as it's out of the water and settled into the bunks, it ends up like the pic above.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-03-2011, 8:04 PM Reply   
Mine stays centered after cranked all the way up and towing and whatnot.. But mine's older and probably a totally different trailer design. Bunks are all solidly attached and wood is solid though, nothing moved around when I shake it.

Curious if your trailer has anything up front to align the bow or is it just the bunks under the rear/middle of the boat? Mine has a set of V bunks in the front that probably do just as much the align the bow as to support some of the weight up front. I suspect that is where my alignment problem is. If yours has a similar setup maybe try loosening the bolts to the wood and shifting them slightly to starboard?
Old     (mnpracing)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-03-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
Mine stays centered after cranked all the way up and towing and whatnot.. But mine's older and probably a totally different trailer design. Bunks are all solidly attached and wood is solid though, nothing moved around when I shake it.

Curious if your trailer has anything up front to align the bow or is it just the bunks under the rear/middle of the boat? Mine has a set of V bunks in the front that probably do just as much the align the bow as to support some of the weight up front. I suspect that is where my alignment problem is. If yours has a similar setup maybe try loosening the bolts to the wood and shifting them slightly to starboard?
I'm going to try that this weekend. Thanks for the help on this.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2011, 9:04 PM Reply   
Looks like that might be a Boatmate. I know those mounts on the bow roller are pretty thin and can bend over time. My dad had a mount bust on an '03 Boatmate trailer and it sounded like that was common. Could just need straightened out.
Old     (mnpracing)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-03-2011, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstateskier View Post
Looks like that might be a Boatmate. I know those mounts on the bow roller are pretty thin and can bend over time. My dad had a mount bust on an '03 Boatmate trailer and it sounded like that was common. Could just need straightened out.
yeah those mounts are thin-walled, but as of right now they are straight as is the rest of the winch tower.
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-04-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
Mine is the same way, although mine is actually slightly bent - about 1/2 of an inch off. Is this really a big deal? I only tow my boat 1/2 mile each way so I have never really cared about it.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-04-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
does it settle into the middle after a you tow it?
Old     (mnpracing)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-04-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave27 View Post
does it settle into the middle after a you tow it?
nope, this is how it sits when loaded on the trailer prior to, during, and after towing.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-04-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Mnp has it been this way from the beginning? If so the first thing I would do is see if the bunks are parallel to the bow roller centerline.
Old     (supra_21v)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-04-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Mine stays centered even after towing. Sometimes i can't get it perfectly lined ( I just drive up on it) and don't worry about it. I always throw straps on the back as well.