Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (rhys84)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-13-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
I am looking at updating my dated pureride as its a bit old now and although i absolutely love it i need something a bit newer, i am looking at either a HYPERLITE TRIBUTE or the LIQUID FORCE PS3, but am not sure about which one would be best, i am intermediate (as trying inverts (backroll, Tantrum, Raily but as yet unsuccessful and getting good an spins 180 and close to 360's), if anyone has tried out these two boards please please let me know what your thoughts are Thanks
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-13-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
If you like the pure ride you will probably like the tribute...greg nelson shaped it as well and it is a really fun board. It is quick, but forgiving and pops really well. I releases really clean off the wake and has an awesome feel to it. Def a fun board....
Old    sealyon.net            03-13-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
The tribute is an awesome board. You can butter slide it all day long with out it hanging, or put it on edge and rip it back and forth like a ski. It's my favorite board next to the Ibex.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-14-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Personally I like the PS3. Its medium speed, loose when you want it but can grab when needed. The edge is very forgiving so getting caught up isn't really as much of an issue. I think its a solid board. I ride one at the cable. I also think it has good pop on my ollies as well.
Old     (rhys84)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-15-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
what is the PS3 like hitting the sliders and kickers as been told they are liable to breaking if hitting the sliders etc, also i am looking for with abit more pop than the pureride i used to ride so still a little unsure they wont let me try out the tribute either cos they'll have to order it in!! sux!