Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
Ok, here is the deal: A few friends (3?)and I are trying to make it down to Texas for some riding before the end of March. We don't have a ton of money, but we have all the equipment we need, and enough to pay for gas there and back, as well as gas to ride.

A couple of things we are considering:

-Sleeping in the back of a Jeep/ maybe inflatable tent.
-Living off of water, PB&J, and beer (Dependant on funds)
-Shredding the gnar somewhere

So here is where we need help...I have no idea where to start looking for places to ride, and people to ride with. I guess the failsafe option is just to go to TSR, but boat riding is more what we are looking for, and we don't know ANYONE in Texas. Would anyone be willing to:

#1: clue me in on the best riding spots in texas
#2: possibly hook some midwesterners up with a pull?

please...the weather here sucks so bad!
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-05-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hmm, theres a lot of places down here. Are you looking at places near Austin. Lake Mcqueeny is a nice lake.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Well, we live in KC, so as far as where in texas, we are looking for somewhere closer to us, and warm.

Other than that, no preference
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
ill get back to ya when i have more time! ive got a bunch of info for u and texas spots.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
If you want to venture down to college station, y'all can sleep on the couches in my apartment, and ride with our team on Lake Bryan!! If you're here on the weekend we'll throw a party or something. just throwing it out there, but we've got butter almost all the time, and wouldn't mind taking y'all out on the boat if you pitch a few bucks for gas!! We usually only ask for 5 bucks a sesh!
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
hey Garret when is your spring break? are guys taking a boat? a few of my buddies are thinking about taking 2 boats down there and a winch. We went down to austin last spring break and had a blast. We usually go to lake austin one day then hit up TSR a day or 2 and then hit up mcqueeny and then canyon lake. So let me know the dates and i can def hook u up with a pull if you wanna meet up and how many of your friends are going.
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
if you want more information my cell phone number is 7852491177. give me a hollar and i can let u know more info.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 10:19 PM Reply   
Jason,

I'll call you tomorrow, I just saw your post. It will probably be me, and two other guys, both from the MU Wake team. Sounds like a sweet trip too!

Josh, not sure if we are down for heading that far south, but I will def let you know, sounds like a great time. Thanks for the offer man!
Old     (ebrown7)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
Garrett,

Good choice coming down to Texas! I was there last week and had a 93 degree day on the water!

I have a place on Lake LBJ which is an hour from Austin. I also have arrangements with boat dealers and boat rental places so literally you just need your board shorts! They will bring the boat, boards, vests etc. right to my place. It's on the water, and has a boat dock and boat ramp on site!

please check out my website:

www.SunRiseCoveonLBJ.com

If my place isn't what you are looking for let me know some additional details and I may have friends with a place that fits your needs better.

Cheers,

Eddie
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Eddie,

How much would all of that cost? Sounds fun, but we are trying to stay on a budget too...

93 Degrees! AH!
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
You can also check out www.dallaswakeboarding.com or www.gcwa.com and check with more people on those sites.

Last weekend it was about 70 outside and the water showed 55 degrees. But then it snowed the next day and has not gotten above 65 this week and is supposed to snow again this afternoon here in north Texas. If you want to stay closer to home, then head to DFW but it is cooler here. If you want warmer water, and air temps, head down to Austin/Houston area.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-08-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
hey garret, quick question about a trip of my own. i'm from south central iowa and some friends i were planning a trip this summer but we were hoping to go somewhere in missouri or kansas that isn't heavily populated and where we could camp close to the water. or if you know of any good spots on the mississippi.
thanks and good luck with your trip