Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old    walt            03-16-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
My garage is 19-6 deep by 18 wide and I have a Sanger V-210. Do I have a chance in hell of getting it in there sideways?

I'm not sure what the boat dimensions are with the swim deck off and the trailer tongue off.

I've had the boat in storage over the winter but would like to bring it home next winter if I can squeeze it in there.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Geometry 101
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
What type of trailer? Single or tandem?

You'd obviously remove the swim platform and the tongue of the trailer (hopefully the trailer has a swing away tongue); I'm not too sure if it will fit perfectly sideways, but either way look into some of these, they make moving any boat/car/trailer a breeze in tight spaces:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94682

I have a pair of these for my garage at the cabin and they work awesome.

(Message edited by sinkoumn on March 16, 2007)
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
ED,

Thanks for the help...Your the best!

Sinko,

It's a tandem and those dollies are very cool.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
I only bought 1 pair for my tandem trailer but they work great for two purposes: the first is to use them when I back the trailer into the garage in the winter and have to make sharp turns - since the tandems like to fuss when it comes to making sharp turns the dollies can lift the back tires on the tandem up so it drives/turns like a single axle trailer; the second is that you can pick a whole boat up with just one pair (so you basically make a tripod out of the trailer). I have to use some blocks of wood, but the rollers can be compressed close enough so that the dolly will pick up both tires on the trailer (lifting the trailer past the shocks full travel) leaving you free to push it by hand.

I'd recommend them to anybody that has to shuffle toys for winter storage, but just so you know the jacks are heavy, 42lbs each (but well worth it)!
Old     (mbw4462)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
my garage is 22'6" and we have about 8" leftover with the swim deck and tongue off
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-16-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Walt, assuming you gave the inside measurements accurately and you fold away tongue sticks out about 4" in front of the bow your v210 will fit. The trick is whether the door is wide enough to let you swing the bow around to squeek into the corner. You might be OK if one side of the door is within a foot of the outside wall. (No guarantees are offered with the foregoing statement and all calculations should be rechecked by the end user)
Of course the Sanger gods wouldn't make it fail, would they?
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for your input guys. I might drag it home and give it a try before pulling it up to the lake. It would be nice if I didn't have to store her again next winter.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-16-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
You'll want to check Jeff's solution on G's Ghetto Garages thread.
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Walty don't roll like that !
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Ok walt here is your help. But it does come down to geometry!!!!!

Get the dimentions of the tralier footprint with the boat on it. Back of boat side to side. Length of trailer, take swim step off.
Take that dimention and tape it off on the ground in the garage.

If it fits on the ground it will fit in the garage.

Getting it in the garage at whatever angle you have to will be your problem. If it is on a single axel trailer them you will have an easier time working it into place.

One problem people dont take into consideration are the trailer guide poles. If they come off no prob but those are the things that will hit the wall first when putting a boat in the garage sideways.
Good luck
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
The guide poles come off but I doubt they would hit. I figured that it's one of those try and see things but WW knowledge never stops amazing me so I put it out there.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-16-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
sink, those things look sweet. I'm looking to do the same thing, double axle trailer, trying to turn the boat sharply in the garage at the cabin for the winter. My only question is, is it a problem that you are running them around 1500lbs over capacity (assuming 3000 for the boat, 1500 for the trailer)?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-17-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Get yourself two sets of wheel dollies if you have a tandem trailer and you and one friend even my girl friends at 100 pounds can roll it right in place. It makes life so much easier. Try ebay as well, that where I bought mine.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-17-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
how do you get the boat on the wheel dollies, do you need to back the boat with your truck onto them?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
^that, or jack up the trailer and slide them under.

I looked at those, but trust me, the hydraulic lifts are well worth the money.

As for the weight, each jack can lift up to 1500lbs each, so naturally the pair lifts 3000lbs. I get away with lifting the whole back end with just one pair of jacks and some pieces of wood to give the back tire a little more lift - but keep in mind, I really only use them twice a year; to move the boat into tight packs for storage in the winter, and back out again when it's time to pull it out of the garage.

I'm sure that I'm diminishing the life of the jacks by putting a little extra stress on them, but these things are rock-solid!

If this is something that you plan to do every week, or every month, trust me it's well worth bucking up and spending the extra cash for these jacks (one or two pair) - little extra money is buying convenience and ease of use.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hey Walt what's up? I put my 22' Avalanche in the same size garage, so you shouldn't have a problem. Sideways of course.
Old    walt            03-17-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thanks Rodney !

PS,
Litho sucks !
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-18-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
You offsetting fool!
No prob man.
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Sinko - thanks for the information on the wheel/tire lift, I'll be using that to get my new baby in my short 2 car garage. I'll let oyu know how it works out. BTW , nice looking SuperSport!
Rodney - nice to hear you got a 22ft ride in your garage, looks like my future boat can grow to 22 to 22.6 :-)