Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    saxosham            07-30-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
I have just bought a hyrperlite TFD (136,) I know opinions vary but what bindings would go best with this board??? I have a pair of 2002 byerlys which i like, but i tried a friends ultras and i really liked them too. So final conclusions please Byerlys or Ultras??
Old    wakeboardjo            07-30-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
The Ultras are a sure snug fit and, once broken in, good for years to come. Never ridden in the Byerlys
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2003, 12:31 AM Reply   
I love my Ultra's 2003. Much comfort, good fit and soft landings. Never ridden the Byerlys though..

It took 10 sessions before my Ultra's where broken in, but no problem now. And hopefully now and next 3 years ;-)
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-31-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
I ride the 2003 Ultra's and they have the sweetest fit. Like the other guys, I have never rode the Byerly's.

LF has impressed me so much with their bindings that I will probably never buy anything else but the Ultras or other LF binding products.
Old    logan            07-31-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
i ride the 2002 byerlys love em i wouldnt change to ne thing else right now. love the fit,but i also have never rode the 2003s ultras either
Old    wakeboardjo            07-31-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
My suggestion would be to either demo a pair or borrow a pair for a weekend or something if you can. Borrowing would be best because you would tell how the binding feels once its broken in and really comfy.

And on another note, the Ultras have the Overlays so that you can tighten/loosen the straps on both sides, and also move them in our our to target your ankle or toes more. It is really nice and surprisingly customizable. I have mine setup different on almost every strap and they feel great on my feet, support just where I want it and just the right amount.

(Message edited by wakeboardjo on July 31, 2003)