Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
In corresponding directly with Perfect Pass, the rep. mentioned that the Perfect Pass Cruise recreational model wasn't very good with V-drives. I got the impression that he just wanted to sell me the Wakeboard Pro for another $400 but I was wondering if any of you are using the $675 package on your V-drive boats and if you have any complaints or praise. Thanks.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Search old threads on this one… PP Wakeboard Cruise works great. I used it on my old boat. Cliff has used it on his Mob for many many hours with no trouble either. Save the $400 and use if for gas. Good Luck.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-26-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
I have a Tige V-drive and had the recreational PP on there for 4 years. It worked OK- some issued now and then, but for the most part if you place the paddle wheel properly it works fine. I moved up to the Wakeboard pro last year and am VERY happy. If you have the dough, I would go for it. Custom settings, it ALWAYS locks on - you can adjust for ballast, so it won't "hunt" for the speed and it also works at 10-11 MPH for surfing. Also if you ski, the pull is much more consistent- I found that the Rider's cruise would surge a lot, but on ski mode with Wakeboard pro, you go to the RPM mode and it locks on great. Bottom line is that both work well and take the idiot out of the driver- just get one or the other- your friends will thank you!!
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
Awesome inputs. Thanks to both.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-26-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
There are adjustments you CANT make with the cruise model. If you intend to add alot of weight I think you will be disappointed with the cruise model. This is why they recommend the pro model for I/O's, because the I/O, with its reduced power, is similar to a heavily weighted V.
Old    barryb            04-26-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
The biggest problems with the cruise model are :

1) getting on plane if you're extremely heavily weighted. The cruise model won't let the RPM's rise for long enough to get on plane

2) Some boats with certain weighting will run at a given RPM at two different speeds. One on plane and the other off. The boat can shift back and forth between the two.

It's not tied to V-drives either. I had a Tige 21V that worked great with cruise. I had a Moomba inboard that hunted between the two speeds with cruise.

Some kind of cruise is better than no cruise at all!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-26-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
I am not familiar with the cruise model. I have Wakeboard Pro on my 21 V and use the MPH mode rather than RPM. I found that the speed is more accurate, not as smooth, more accurate. You can also adjust the sensitivity. When we first set it up it would fluxuate 1.5 MPH up or down. Now it always within .3 MPH. Additionally, I have had mine for 5 years and have had no problems.