Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    nugget            08-03-2003, 12:05 AM Reply   
Here is a link to pics of my newest toy.

http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com/pages/forum7/forum_posts.asp?TID=2767&PN=1&mbDate=8/2/2003%209:37:56%20AM

Old    andzei            08-03-2003, 12:29 AM Reply   
its sick!and pretty dangerous...
Old    mike_mike            08-03-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
My friends and I were building one but couldnt figure out how we would connect it to the tubes.

How did you do that?

We have the slider part built, now we need to know how to connect them.

We were going to use 4x4's to connect the slider to the platform part. and use supports like in MY SIDE if you have seen that.
Old    nugget            08-03-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
I put some pieces of plywood cut out with a jigsaw, in the shape of the tubes, under the slider frame and put support braces on the back. I drilled holes in the plywood and ziptied it to the handles on the tubes. I am fortunate to be sponsored by Straightline and got 2 Desert Buster 70 inch tubes to set it all on. These are superwide flat tubes that made this thing rock solid going across the water.

It is intimidating cutting into it. I've hit several sliders and was very nervous the first time I cut in. I was the guinea pig who had to figure out the rope lengths. I took several hard falls over the front of it when the handle was too short, but never hit anything solid.

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
How do you start with that thing?? Is the slider stable when going 20Mph?

Looks like fun, but you don't wanna fall in the front :-(
Old    nugget            08-04-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
It was stable with the two tubes. As I said above it was not bad falling over the front, at least no worse than a face plant.