Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2003, 6:55 AM Reply   
Shaun and other pros will be @ Buena Vista 8/04/03 to ride and hang out with whoever is there.For more info call Hyperlite or Sports LTD toll free @ 1-877-650-7433.Anyone plan on going ??
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Hey Steve, I think that Pat was planning on going, but he kind of messed up his knee again playing ice hockey (he needs to work on his priorities). He may still be there to hang out. I gotta work, so I'l probably miss it, but count me in for the comp on the 9th!
Old    staticlullaby            07-28-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
I haven't gotten my work schedule yet, but if I'm off, I'll be there. I requested it off like two months ago, but who knows. I've never been to Buena Vista for some reason, so how long does it take to get there from Westlake? I'm in Thousand Oaks.
Old    snowdog            07-28-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
BV is the absolutely worst ranger situation that I have ever experienced. They told us we couldnt read our wakeboard magazines, couldnt drink rockstar energy drink and couldnt excercise our right to free speech, NO JOKE! 5 BS parking ticket among our group, one car was ticketed twice in 4 hours. I hate that place, never going back!
Old    wantboatnow            07-28-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Its about an hour and thirty minutes from TO, depending on how fast you drive. Just make sure you stay on the 5 when it splits.
Old    staticlullaby            07-28-2003, 12:16 PM Reply   
thanks chad
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-29-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
Check out directions at our website
http://backyardtour.com

go to schedule then click on bakersfield.

Old    norcal_99            07-29-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
I'm gonna head down there with my son.

Old    buttacup            07-29-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
From what I've heard, you have to call Sports LTD for the vip ride, they only have 5 spots for the morning ride. But anyone can show up later around noon or 1pm to hang out and possibly watch gerry and shaun ride.
Old    norcal_99            07-30-2003, 10:43 PM Reply   
Hey Lloyd,

Are you going to be there also? It would be cool to meet the dad of my favorite rider.

Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-31-2003, 4:20 AM Reply   
Rene
Thanks - but Unfortunately I won't be there. The good news is that Shaun will be.... I'm in Florida trying to catch up after being gone for 6 weeks. I will probably hook up with the byt again in San Diego.
L
Old    tclagggym            07-31-2003, 10:49 PM Reply   
I met Shaun for the first time in Visalia, Ca. this year when he was here for ETCO Marine. My 4 year old daughter loves to watch Shaun's videos.Her favorite one is Detention 1&2.She loves the riding on the grass part and the part where Shaun comes in and says, "Hi I'm Shaun Murray, Heeeeeeee!" We are for sure going to be there on one of the days. I am sure you are very proud of your son Lloyd, because he is a very down to earth young man.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2003, 2:52 AM Reply   
Benu Vista = treated sweage water adn its not that big you can maybe get like 25 boats on it if that
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
Tim
Thanks - actually I have a two second spot in Detention near the beginning - the helicopter shot doing a KGB5 - naaaaaa.. jk. Actually I am on the dock with a camera - turned down an academy award last year.

And BTW - Shaun said they had the biggest game of softball at Elsinore yesterday - 20 on 20..... great fun. Maybe they'll try for a bigger game at LBV - Don't forget to buy a BYT T-Shirt - and visit our website http://backyardtour.com more pictures will be added soon - if you have some from any stop - email me at LMTWA@hotmail.com - but please send me jpgs less than 100k 480x640 - and not more than 1mb at a time - thanks

Ryan - That sounds inviting..... sounds like alcohol in the ears time.... very much like Creve couer Lake in St Louis - They had the pro tour there in the early 90's and I volunteered to help set the jump and slalom Course (did I say "Slalom?") - After two days, the guy helping me broke out with a horrendous rash on his chest - it was then we saw the "Do Not Swim" signs. But that's probably more information than you wanted to know.
LM