Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    upupnaway            07-26-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
It is a nasty, windy day in chicagoland, so video editing is the game of the day.
This is a collection of the best wipes so far this year(on camera anyway).
enjoy.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8110
Old    bassboy8855            07-26-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
That water sure is harder that it looks!
Old    wes_the_gimp            07-26-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
Thanks!! That pumps me up! I need to throw something new.
Old    dtkmo            07-26-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
In all of those wrecks, did you get any injuries? Any visits to the hospital????
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
Believe it or not, no wakeboarders or wakeboards were injured in the making of that video.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-26-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
for some reason that makes me want to board really bad
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
That was very entertaining. Nice work.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Great video and even greater music selection. Mad props to whoever kept trying to land the backroll.
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
That was a lot of fun to watch....not to mention painfully familiar. I second the props to the person trying a tantrum over and over and over.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing!! Yeah the Tantrum.....I think I have a crash video in the making too.....my mission was to pull one this weekend. Well mission incomplete to say the least, I had about 8 or 9 attempts before I called it a day. I got close, man I am full of bruises today LOLOL I hope to pull it on Tuesday. By the way did your featured rider ever pull it? He was getting very close.
Old    upupnaway            07-28-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
The featured rider(idiot) was myself, and sadly, no. I have yet to pull it off, but the vid has been very educational for me. It showed me where I am going wrong. I am currently waiting for some good water to try once again.

By the way, although no boards or riders were injured in the making of this clip, a pair of bindings were sent to early retirement.
good luck on the tantrum john!
Old    upupnaway            07-28-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
I DID IT!!!!!!!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2003, 2:58 AM Reply   
way to go!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
Ok let's see the new video!!!!! I tried last night again about 7 times, came very very close on 2 of them. I think the next session is it. LOL GOOD JOB!!!! What do you think made the difference for you this time around. I know in my case I feel way more confortable in the air than I did over the weekend. Plus getting over the fear after you eat it a bunch of times and you realize it's not that big a deal and it seems the closer you get and the more you rotate the less the impact is.

Old    upupnaway            07-30-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hey John....I figured out my fault, and it is smooth sailing....I actually hit 3 in a row yesterday.
I was was doing the following things wrong-
1. I cut at the wake too fast
2. I was backing off my edge too late
3. I did not wait for the full pop off of the wake
4. I DID NOT KEEP THE HANDLE IN!!!!
I slowed down a bit, cut slightly parallel to the wake in the trough, stood tall and arched backwards after feeling my legs extend.
Most importantly, as I made my cut and started to stand tall, I focused on pulling my elbows to my sides, so when I released the back hand, my front hand still held tension on the rope.
In the attempts I made in the video, I had my lead arm extended, causing the rope to pull me out of position right off of the top of the wake. (you can see in the vid that my board flares out behind me because of this).