Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Check out Centurions new Tower.
They invested in there own design and tooling. To better control the quality and quantity of the towers.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
I like the graphics on that first one! I just can't get into the new towers from Nautique, Tige or Centurion...
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
There is always the grow on you factor with new designs. However I do like this new one.....I just cant use it with my tower mount boom
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
I like the Graphics on the first one too
but with one little change
Upload
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-26-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
i second that notion timmy. way ugly towers
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Pictures of the 2009 Avalanche

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
2009 Enzo Pictures

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
A couple more

Upload
Upload
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
I see alot of speedboat influences on the new Avalanche. For example: look at the dashboard. The whole layout, color and steering wheel look like something you would see on a baja or powerquest. I like it though. It's a huge improvement from five years ago. The color schemes are awesome too.

As for those towers... no comment.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
The other thing to remember about the towers
it is Just one of 3 different towers available in 09
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Whats with the back rest behind the driver seat. Why would you want to remove it. Also they stole the center consule from like a 1985 van and set it on the rear seat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Yeah the Center console is not for me. I dont think most people would remove the back rest.....but you could if you wanted to
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2008, 11:10 PM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the headrest is supported by a pole. (possibly detachable)Now look behind the drivers seat at the ridge in the side of the boat. I think you know where this is going... Now take a close look at the padding on that headrest. To me, that looks like a convertible headrest/seat.

Did I win?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2008, 12:39 AM Reply   
Own design my @$$, it looks just like the new CC tower and fugly as all getout.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-27-2008, 5:13 AM Reply   
It is a bit funny to see all of these comments on new designs.

Turn the clock back a few years and you would see tons of the following comments on here and other wakeboarding forums:

The Illusion tower is so ugly. Why would anyone get that tower on a Malibu when you can get a titan. What were they thinking?!?

The pickle fork design is terrible. Why on earth would they do that to a boat. The new XStar totally killed MC... bring back the old.

Granted, some still don't like either of those buy many people have warmed up to both. Heck, I don't think you see too many malibus being sold without an illusion.

Anyway, it is just humorous since it is like deja vu. I will make the prediction that a lot of the new things will grow on people as well.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-27-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
I have to say WOW on the dash. They really stepped it up there.
I wouldn't get the rear console, hope it's an option
Rear face back rest is an OK touch. I'd probably get it.
Different color schemes are always cool.
The new tower is something that would have to grow on me. Not a show stopper.
I wonder the pricing and if they are now fully next to Malibu and CC??? I liked their previous pricing along the lines of Tige, Supra, Sanger, and just a tad cheaper than Malibu. I'll bet pricing goes up considerably with that dash...
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-27-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
the tower looks just like the 09 Nautique tower to me.

Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-27-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
For all you Cent owners: the pic above the engine is of a nice cover. Wonder if it's aftermarket?
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
we will be selling the falcon v for around 42k pretty loaded. that the boat with the cover on it in the pic.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
The engine intake is the way all Scorpion’s built since January 1 of 2008 have looked. If the engine was built before that they where black. Also that is a 377 Scorpion, that also changed effect January 1 from the 6.2L Scorpion.

The Centurion tower has a similar shape to the Centurion but there is no comparison to the way they are built. The CC tower is just a bunch of bent aluminum. The Centurion tower is a Cast product and much more expensive to manufacture and IMHO looks much better
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
As far as pricing goes the Enzo are the top of the Line Centurions with more styling and standard features you can still save a bunch on the Centurions with the Air Warrior or Family series
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
I hate that Centurion tower so much its making the new Nautique tower look good!

Thank goodness its not the only option.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-27-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
it looks like the evolution tower without the two front posts
Old    stillstandin            07-27-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
Re; the tower, OUCH. The rest looks good tho.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-28-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
The center console is an option. That red dash looked really nice when I saw it in Nashville plus there are a couple other color options. I believe they've also gone with a different vinyl this year which supposedly cleans much easier. I really liked the redesigned Avalanche too (hull hasn't changed, just the deck). Little bit wider seat bases and deeper plus I like that they incorporated the enzo style walk-thru. Overall, some nice steps forward for Centurion.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
OMG, the new Centurion towers are not cool looking at all. What were they thinking???
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-28-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
Everyones a critic...I agree with Dave (schmo). Looks like a pretty sharp boat to me. Some nice options. Interior is very nice. I hate those aluminum plates at the walk through...those things burn the feet...looks good but OUCH!!! And the aluminum guage cluster might blind you if the sun is behind you...looks good sitting still though.