Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
We lost the mesh speaker cover on our Rubicon 150...just flew off and no one noticed. Anyone ever call Skylon for replacement parts? Ya think this is something they just "have around"?
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have ordered speakers and boardracks from them. They were quick on shipment. They should have it. Centurion uses them for there factory speakers so I assume they would stock quite a bit of random parts.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
That's good to know. Did you contact the general customer service or specific persons? We are leaving in 2 weeks for another trip so fast shipping is a must, at this point.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I lost my center grill 3 weeks ago. Called them the day after it happened and they said it'd ship right out. Haven't seen it yet -- called last week and left a message, need to call again. I've had this experience with Skylon before on a machined part for a light bar. Never did get the machined part.

Look up Dave Couch on the Contact page on skylon's website. He said it'd cost $10 plus shipping.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-03-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Last year we had an accident with the other speaker...I remember calling Skylon about it and never received a call back. Ended up working something out with the dealer.

Craig, how did yours come off? After taking off the speakersac, I noticed it had come off. We put it back in and tighten the screws with an Allen wrench but it still flew off. Hoping the ring (with screws) isn't shot.

Any case, I'll call Dave in the am. I did notice his name on the website. 3 weeks, jeez - I'd be hounding them. Can't stand to look at the tower like that but that's just me.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Darlene, I did not have a good experience with Skylon's customer service. They just repaired my old Deafcon 5's but with mismatched parts. Dave Couch did the repair and charged me $200 for mis-matched parts. If I had known my speakers were going to look different, I wouldn't of had them fixed. He didn't even tell me up front until I got them back and $200 later...
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Well that's not good. I called Dave today and he passed me on to Chris. Chris was very helpful and very reassuring that the grill would be in the mail today. Like I said before, the last time I called I never received a call back but today was different (got right to someone). I really hope I see the grill in a couple days. Chris said they are being shipped ground and we are only 3 hours from Sacramento where they are coming from so it should be here by Friday. So Dave won't make the mistake right?? That would just bug me.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
I've got a set of 450s. The center grill is a mesh grill that is simply slipped into place, no screws retain it. It fell off from river vibration.

Just got off the phone with them and it never shipped. So I gave them my info again and we'll see what happens. They had record of my call -- July 7th. So, I guess it was more like a month.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
That's crappy. Chris told me (when it comes) to apply a small amount of silicone to the grill and put in place. I had asked about the "why" it fell off...seemed like a common occurrence from his response. Craig, did you speak with Chris? Dave patched me into him...hopefully it's in the mail as we post (for both of us).
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have an extra grill from a 250, not sure if it's the same? Its yours for the price of shipping if you want it. We had the same thing happen on one of ours ;( It's just some gunk they use to hold it in. Kinda weak IMO...
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt but I just received a email from Dave @ Skylon and he did ship the grill.
Now watch...the other one will soon follow.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2008, 4:33 AM Reply   
I too have the 450's and when I received them, one of the caps on top of bolts was missing. I had waited about 6 months before opening the second box. They were very cool and sent out a replacement free of charge. It came within a week.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Darlene, I just got an email from Dave as well. He's going to correct that mis-matched tweeter housing for me. Someone must be reading up on the posts. Thanks Dave for stepping up. This entire time on the water, I've kept my speaker sox cover on them to hide the mis-matched look. Now I can show off the speakers again.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-05-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
I've had really good experiences with skylon. I've had to deal with them on a couple of warranty items and I think they went above and beyond both times in my case. They got right back to me when I e-mailed them. Try catching them by e-mail. They're good IMO.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-05-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Waylon, funny that you mentioned the sox on the speaker...thought about doing that myself.
I'm happy that it's being taken care of. Great service from Skylon...I'm impressed.
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-05-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
One of my grills fell off of my 450's last year and skylon replaced it pretty quick like 4 days, even gave me an extra. Pretty nice of them. But... I still haven't put it back on. I thought of it as a muscle car that you leave the hood off to see the engine. Maybe not that extreme, I think I'll put the grill on this weekend (with a few drops of silicone).

(Message edited by ldp_rider on August 05, 2008)
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I have the rubicon 450's and I've lost 2 grills so far, both time I called and spoke with dave and chris and I had my new grills within a week and mine had to be shipped to GA. Great customer service IMO.

I think I'm going to pull the other grills off and silicone them back in though, it looks like they used hot glue when they were built and it breaks loose over time.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-05-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
Talk about quick...the grill was at my home tonight after I got home from work. I don't even think that was 24hrs after I ordered it. Good Job Guys!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
How are you guys are so lucky?

I still haven't seen mine. Had it shipped Monday it should have been here by now.

Today is one month. no love.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-07-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
You know Craig, when I ordered it the quoted price was $18 but when it arrived there was a charge for $30. Seemed a bit steep so I assume the charge was for overnight shipping. I didn't specify that...I just wanted it before the 15th. Hopefully, yours will be here today.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Skylon has been very good in customer service. they have gone above and beyond imo
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Just checked my Credit Card, I have a charge for $30 from Skylon on the 6th.

Since I was quoted $10 for the speaker grill, that makes Shipping $20 for an 8" mesh grill? Yikes...
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-08-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
Craig, that grill is somewhat heavy...could be shipping is so high based on the weight???