Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I currently own an X2. It has been an outstanding boat. I have owned a couple MC's over the years and am very happy with the brand.
But, my children are growing and their interest in the sport is increasing. Which means more fuel, more equipment, more friends, more stuff, etc. I NEED MORE SPACE!
I am thinking about purchasing an X15 and would like to get some opinions on this boat and what some of you have paid for this boat.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
by an xstar that will help you with room
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I sell MC so take this with a grain of salt.

I love the X-15, personally when I can finally afford a new boat the choice will come down to the X-15 and the X-Star with me liking the Star better and my wife liking the 15 better. The Stock wake is pretty good, we rode one early this year with the stock wake (typically ride an X-1 with 3000K)with no complaints. The 15 wake only gets better with weight, the surf wake is AWESOME with extra weight. Overall there is a ton more space for stuff and people than the Star and your 2.

If you get a chance get out in one, they are pretty impressive.
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
X-Star has seating for 12.
X-15 has seating for 14.
My 2005 X-2 has seating for 11.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-14-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Chris, I believe the X15 is the most underrated boat in the MC line. No one really talks about it that much. It handles well, throws a good wakeboard wake and surf wake. It has a ton of room and storage for a 21.5 foot boat. If your kids are really into boarding you will probably want to add a plumbed in ballast system on top of the stock.

Make sure you get one with the MCX. The RTP isn't enough and the LY6 is kind of overkill. The wakeplate isn't needed in the X15 but is a nice option. Most of the stuff is standard on the X-series so there aren't that many options really needed. The JL stereo with MP3 hookup, sub and amp are standard and so is Perfectpass with the digital display.

Currently on an '08 you are probably going to be in the mid to upper 60's. If you can wait another month or 2 they will be putting the 08's on closeout and should be able to get one closer to 60.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-14-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
The X15 has a lot more room in it than the Xstar.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-14-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
x15's are pretty big... i never have been in/around the X-version but the Maristar 215 was extremely nice

Upload
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-14-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I LOVE our X15! We have never ran out of room both seating and storage. We wakeboard, skate and surf. For boarding the stock wake is great. You do need more weight for a good wake to surf but we always have a lot of people. Keep in mind with the x star you dont have the ski pylon so if you ever want to pull a skier or tube you will have to do it fom the tower. Also the fork front does tend to take on water over the top. Everyone that gets in my boat says wow, I cant believe how many people and stuff you can fit on this boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-14-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention that I would skip the POS mastercraft cover that comes with them. I can't believe they make these 70k boats and put those cheap sharkskin covers. Get a custom sunbrella cover.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-14-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yup... Great boats.. Wake is awesome and lots of room.

I think I still prefer the Star, but it's all personal preference. They are both substantially bigger than a X2, even though it's only really rated to hold 1 more person. The difference is that the space is in the bow of a star and in the cockpit of a X15. It all depends which you prefer. They both have plenty of storage.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-14-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Hey Chris... I noticed that you're right here in the same hood. If you want to check out a X-star hit me up. We've also got a great relationship with the guys at NorCal if you need any help with anything. Those guys have always take awesome care of us and our boat.
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the information. Unlike the X-star, I don't see a lot of X-15's on the water and havn't had the opportunity to speak with X-15 owners. When I looked at the X-15's I was surprised at how much space there was. I think I will schedule a test drive.
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Evan. I will do that. I havn't ridden behind the X-Star. I should probably demo both boats.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-14-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
I was coming from an 06 X2 and looking for a larger boat as well. I was between the Star and the X15. I went with the X15 due to the interior space, plus the ability to surf both sides. I think the x15 wake holds up to the stars wake until you start pushing 3k-4k of added ballast. The X15 has a great ramp and lip. The only downfall is the lack of storage place for additional ballast in the rear lockers. I think it is just as good if not better on fuel than the X2 I had with the same engine (MCX)
Old     (glee22)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-14-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
x-45 has a lot of room from what ive seen
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-14-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Old article but I love the boat:
http://www.wakeboardreport.com/archives/2005/12/master_craft_x15_their_finest.html

Hugely underrated boat in my opinion.
Old    willytown12            07-14-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
does anybody have any weighted wake pics of the x15?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-14-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
The X-15 is a great boat. Had a few problems with overheating but probably specific to my boat. Good storage and great wake. Much more room than an X-2
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Somebody posted these on another X-15 thread. I think they said the ballast was half full, so like only 300lbs in the rear. Upload
Upload
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-14-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
our x-15 has been incredible great handling smooth ride tons of room and storage awesome multipurpose wake plenty of power etc... You cannot go wrong with a x-15
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-14-2008, 10:38 PM Reply   
We had the chance to do a very nice system in one in April and I loved the boat. I second the fact that it is the most under rated boat in the MC line. Storage areas are huge and interior is laid out very nice. Here is a picture of it.

Upload

More pictures are here:

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22681&highlight=bullet+hollow+poi nt