Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
anyone ridden behind, driven, etc that new Chaparral Sunesta Extreme? hows the wake, handling, etc...?

just wondering...
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-24-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
dont waste your money.

their wakes are a total washout.

better handling in reverse but the stern-drive is unsafe.

if your in the market for a wakeboard boat buy a real one for the same price.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-25-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I saw one of those on the lake the other day from what I could tell the wake was total wash like said above

all it is is an overpriced i/o with a tower
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'm sold. I'm selling my '85 2001 and buying one of these TOMORROW.

Upload
Upload
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-25-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Man, that is some powerful marketing.

There are I/O's out there that throw amazing wakes, but a tower and graphics on a runabout does not make it a wakeboard boat, "Xtreme" advantage or not.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-25-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
ya can't polish a turd
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
where can we set up this "head to head" matchup? Pay Per View?
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-25-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
that is all bull "Fro-Z" those boats when the get on step have very little of the hull in the water at all and they get up on step around 20mph, so they have very little water displacement that = BAD WAKE. a real wakeboard boat has much more hull in the water because if the propulsion system they never get on step so they have more displacement at wakeboard speeds thus we have great wakes.

F@#K Chaparral Sunesta Extreme!

they suck.
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
That ad is hilarious. I can't believe they would print that BS knowing it isn't true. Too funny
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Last month or so Boating Magazine compared an I/O Extreme, Sea-doo Jet, Malibu for wakeboarding needs. Bu won by far. Other two were a toss up as each has something over the other.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-25-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
hahahahahha if their boats are so great why don't they pull any wake events, or any pro riders hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

their so stupid, for the same price you could get a mastercraft, maibu.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
[Jack said: that is all bull "Fro-Z" ]

Ummm... what about the SAFETY of it?

Upload
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
AND - all my buddies can play chinese checkers while I'm riding.

...on the phone w/my loan officer... this is gonna be SWEET.

Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I feel for any consumer that gets led by that add.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-25-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha a hahaha

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
i/o safety over an inboard...
ROFLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
They dont seem to mention its illegal to wake surf behind there boat as well.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
the safety pic is funny. whats it trying to show? that an inboard is way safer?
they have one locally for sale. they put rims on the trailer, i guess to draw attention from how lame the boat is? lame
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-25-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Chinese checkers, what a great choice of board games for a boat. Their marketing dept has never ridden in a boat apparently.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
i would love to pull up in the creek with 6 dudes playing chinese checkers.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-25-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Hahaha I would have to take a picture of that and post it here

Where on the creek do y'all ride? How often? We're out there riding every weekend.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
I have heard that I/O's are not as safe as v-drives, but I think it all depends on the driver of either. I have an I/O now and have had multiple v-drive boats in the past. I always turn off my boat when people are around. Not sure why someone would keep it going when people are near the rear, although I know people do get hurt this way.

As far as the washout on I/O's, you are close. I have a 27ft Crownline with a deep hull and I have a nice wake. I have trim tabs and fat sacks. Yes, my wake is not wakeboard/v-drive wake quality, but I am not an expert wakeboarder. For my boat, I am able to get a nice wake, with about 4 inches of washout at the top of the wake, but I am going a lot slower than a wakeboard boat to get that wake. With my boat being so big and heavy, the wake is pretty big. I would put it near the same size as any wakeboard boat. It is just not the perfect shape wakeboard boats get.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
This reminds me of the DirecTV commercial!!! Except in that ad they are making fun of cable. (Comcast)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2008, 2:40 AM Reply   
This is funny a 14 year old giving advice on what boat to buy and which one is safer
It all depends on what your using the boat for. Ive had an I/O for years and NO the wake is not washed out when on plane and trimmed...same thing as a D or V as Ive driven and ridden behind both. If you have a wake plate or other trim plate you may be adjusting it as your getting up to speed. To each his own so unless youve been in or behind one I dont see where you can criticize it. Have any of you actually ridden behind a properly set up I/O? You wouldnt ride behind an old ski boat (2001)for wakeboarding without a tower, the right prop, ballast, PP, etc so why would you expect an I/O to do any better without proper set up? There are some I/O's that you just cant get the wake cleaned up but there are also some ski/wakeboard boats that you HAVE TO add 3000 lbs to...wtf...I hope your a pro if your adding that much weight and not just going wake to wake, not to mention how much $ your burning through in gas.
IF YOUR A PRO OR ASPIRE TO BE ONE, YES I WILL AGREE YOU DO NEED A TOURNAMENT LEVEL WAKEBOARD BOAT, if not you could ride behind a properly set up I/O and have a comfortable ride in some rough water.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
hahaha. WOAH, bob. ;)

Nobody said you can't wakeboard behind an I/O. I've driven/ridden I/O's, Outboards and Inboards. There is no question that an inboard is designed for pulling and throws a cleaner wake. You can pull a hoe with a truck, but it ain't gonna do the job like a tractor with an implement will.

I really wanna know who thought to market the whole 'i can play chinese checkers on a boat' thing!? THAT cracked me up for 20 minutes... I think I should make a short film. 4 dudes... 1 match... Lost marbles. It all comes down to the final move, when - - - ah!! roller! roller! grab the marbles!!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Bob is the resident WW I/O apologizer. It was only a matter of time before he pasted his standard rant onto this thread.

As I said, there are plenty of I/O's out there that are great boats, some better for wakeboarding than many inboards. I have a problem with the idiotic marketing on this one.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-26-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
by the way bob i bet i know way more about boats than you.

way more.

its a fact that inboards are safer, they throw a better wake.

you can surely wakeboard behind an i/o but for the same price you can own a much better wake boat.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
does anyone have a picture of the wake?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-26-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Here's how safe it is

Upload
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-26-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Makes you wonder if anyone in that marketing department has ever even been on a boat....putting aside all the I/O vs. Inboard wake crap, any first grader can tell you that you are gonna get into the prop on the I/O alot easier than on an inboard....

A college degree ain't worth much these days......if that graphic is any indication...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-26-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
donald WHAT WAKE??
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-26-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
you jack, at fourteen I knew WAY more than every one to. And in youre thread "MY RIG" I bet thats your dads, right? and I bet HE knows boats, Bet you can drive YOUR dads boat, that aint shizz. go to summer school....
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
give jack a break, we should be happy that a 14 year old is as passionate about boating, etc as the rest of us older folks..he probably knows more than me....$heeat.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
whoever made that add, have they ever seen the bottom of an inboard
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-26-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
coloradowakealliance

go to summer school?

wtf?
dont be mean.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
You guys have to remember that Chaparral is not going after the hardcore wakeboarders. I would say that 60% of the people that buy wakeboard boats, don't really use them for what they are made for. That boat actually has one of the best I/O wakes I have seen. I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish as far as their safety picture. Odd advertising if you ask me. This I do know that boat rides sick, not because I heard that it does, but because I have been on it. The wake is decent. Granted it is not a sacked out Bu or Mastercraft, CC etc, but it isn't bad. Plus it has a bathroom, sink, and a table for you to play Chinese checkers on. This boat is good for the family that likes to wakeboard that doesn't want to get beat up if the wind picks up on the way back in.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Man I would feel sorry or someone paying 77k yes 77k for this boat. If im paying that much for a boat Im creeping up in a wakeboatrd boat. To me for your weekend worrior its fine but to pay that much... No way. Like 882001 I would like to see one on the creek.....lol
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-26-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
yeah chris. me, you and txsurf could get a nice game of chinese checkers going. that would be sick!
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
i have an i/o and it throws a wake that is sufficient to my needs as of this moment. there is no doubt in my mind that this boat has a decent wake however, if someone is looking for a WAKEBOARD boat, then get a boat that is really made for WAKEBOARDING and not for cruising or holding business meetings on. if i had 77k, i would be a fool to buy this "xtreme" wakeboarding boat over a real wakeboarding boat. the whole i/o wakeboard boat selling point is one big scam. it started with the addition of "wakeboard" graphics making these boats look like wakeboard boats. now this. a wakeboard specific deck boat. wow. i think i've made my point. if anything, i would be backing i/o boats but i know that there is no way this boat could throw a wake similar to that of a real wakeboard boat.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
i just watched the video on chaparral's site. who is the guy that is their "wakeboarder"? forgive me if he is a pro but i dont believe he is. the wake on my 2004 sea ray with no ballast is better than that boat. go to the website and check it out. about 2/3 through the video you see a good view of the wake
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
sorry for posting so many times. however, at the end of their video, one of their final selling points is that the boat can stay out longer and people can wakeboard longer than on inboards. the reason? because when the wind picks up, inboards have to go back to the dock. WHY WOULD YOU WAKEBOARD WITH A SEVERE WIND?????
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
check out this i/o wake!!! Regal 3350.

Upload
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-26-2008, 11:21 PM Reply   
trust me, I need summer school worse than any, just saying youre age and shiz taliking WILL get you flamed......
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-27-2008, 12:06 AM Reply   
Jack you da boy, you know it. Sorry but I have had and been around boats since before you were a glimmer in your daddys eye(who is the real owner of your boat). Now tricks Im sure you got me there but lets see in a few years if your doing what I do at my age.
Thanks Colorado I needed a good laugh.
Sorry Trace if you consider my opinions and experience a "RANT" but maybe I consider most people who have no true experience with I/O's ignorant.
Heres websters def:1 a: destitute of knowledge or education <an>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified b: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence

You know what I'd really like to see is an amateur driver pull someone behind a d or v without perfect pass on. I bet you'd hear something to the tune of "this boat and wake sucs"
FLAME ON! as everyone knows I/O's suck
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2008, 12:32 AM Reply   
882001/TxSurf, Ill have the wife make some lemonade too. How is that. We can set the tray/table up and really party. LMAO

This rig is for the people who have more money than they know what do with and are very ignorant in SHOPPING AROUND. In my opinion I would definatley shop around and get something that has a resale rather than eating that POS for years and years.....

Hit me on GCWA next time you guys hit the creek. Im about 7 miles from there

(Message edited by 04gravitygames on June 27, 2008)
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-27-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
can i get in on the chinese checkers game? thats hilarious what a random game to put on there, i mean who really plays chinese checkers anymore?
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
Actually, I am the president of the North American Chinese Checker Pro Tour (NACCPT). Chinese Checker board sales have been steadily climbing at a rate of 3-4% per year since "The Great Game" was played in 1992 (when three college kids from the U.S. battled it out with, and beat three chinese pros). We are featured weekly on ESPN8 "The Ocho".
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-27-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
thats awesome, i rock at chinese checkers when does the pro tour come through east tennessee?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
yeah im in. we play on my dd motor box while we are wakeboarding
Old    K.B.C.            06-27-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone is saying that an I/O isn't sufficent for your typical family/boater to wakeboard behind. The add states, "You've been brainwashed yadda yadda yadda", which is obviously an untruthful statement. That I/O does not produce the same caliber wake as a wake specific tournament boat.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
The I/O would be a good weekend worrior boat for a family who does not wakeboard or surf frequently, but if your going to spend 77k on this thing why not shop around and buy something just as big and has the same options. I know the new 08 XLV would be a better boat than this thing. Just my .2
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-27-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Awesome!!!! Lemonade AND Chinese Checkers!!! Count me in for sure!

I agree with you Chris about chunking down the money towards a bigger wake minded boat. But, I can also see where it could be better for a family that maybe isn't out on the water as much. I sure wouldn't want to be in a VLX all night fishing 70 miles out of Freeport
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-27-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
bob sorry for my earlier rudeness.

i apologize, just had a bad day.

no worries.

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
i wouldnt wanna be 70 miles out in that i/o either. i go 70 miles i want a boat with a bed and two motors. so i have better odds of getting home.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-28-2008, 12:33 AM Reply   
wait a second, is chinese checkers the one with marbels?
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-28-2008, 5:06 AM Reply   
Something else to think about - I do not think I saw this mentioned yet with an I/O. They get up out of the water when on plane so therefore the wake will not be as big, planing hulls.

What about looking for an I/O with less planing ridges on it. For ex. Sea Ray - i think has for or five ridges to keep it above the water.

Mine (VIP) only has one ridge and with weight the the wake is the same size as a malibu DD that I rode in the other weekend.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2008, 5:06 AM Reply   
yeah all the marbles. see the picture its the 14th post in this thread.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-28-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
Something else to think about - I do not think I saw this mentioned yet with an I/O. They get up out of the water when on plane so therefore the wake will not be as big, planing hulls.

What about looking for an I/O with less planing ridges on it. For ex. Sea Ray - i think has for or five ridges to keep it above the water.

Mine (VIP) only has one ridge and with weight the the wake is the same size as a malibu DD that I rode in the other weekend.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-28-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I saw an ad for this Sea Ray in one of the boating magazines,
http://www.searay.com/2008_sea_ray_sport_boats_230_select_fission.asp
Click through the exterior photos. What market are they going after? I would think that with all of the I/O manufacturers out there and the untapped potential for recreational wakeboarding that one of these companies would put some time in and build a hull for wakeboarding instead of repackaging one of their existing hulls.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-03-2008, 2:43 AM Reply   
They dont show 1 good picture of what the wake size/shape is?? Its all marketing, bet it works though.

David they only get "out of the water" if they are going faster then wakeboard speeds. This is why PP is so important on an I/O, it keeps you in the sweet spot you would otherwise blow past or slow down too much. Another reason I believe the wings/fins people put on outdrives kill their wake: It it designed to "Lift" the rear of the boat to get it on plane quicker not let it sink in the water for a fatter wake.
My take on the shape being so wide is most certainly the width of the rear of the hull on a competition versus an I/O, look at a nautique or older xstar they are super narrow. It is a competition hull versus a family all around hull that has to perform in many different circumstances, not just pulling a skier or boarder so an I/O does lack in the sweet spot many comp boats hit on but can cover a wider range of conditions.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-09-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I spent years behind an I/O. It was a 1987 Aeroglass 21'. My wake was cleaner and bigger than any inboard I've owned. (check my profile) Plus I just bought another. I prefer inboards, but in my mind the wake issue is not so clear.

With an I/O all you have to do is adjust the trim and you can clean up your wake. On mine you just put it all the way down then up for three seconds and the wake was huge and perfectly clean on both sides.

Secondly, that sunesta probably weighs 5-6000 lbs. That is a lot of displacement, I'll bet money the stock wake is twice your size with out ballast.

I loved my I/O but I started buying inboards for a couple reasons

1. Way better gas mileage
2. Better bottom end torque
2. Prestige
4. Safety
5. I like the way they handle.
6. Less maintenace prone (I learned this after my bottom end had to be replaced three times.)And easier to work on.
6. Better resale
7. Look better

As for the wake, all the boats I've had I had to sack the crap out of em to get a decent wake, whereas my I/O you could just set the trim and be ready. (it also weighed a lot more than any of my inboards.) And it was cleaner, narrower, and for me a lot easier to do tricks. It was cleaner at a lower speed and stayed clean no matter how many people we put in there, you just had to adjust the trim a little more.

Granted, I've never owned a V-drive (until last saturday, I bought a 96 maristar 225v) but my I/O had a lot more room in it too.

Oh yah, you can get I/O's cheaper (generally) too.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-09-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Let's see this giant aeroglass wake.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
I am not sure about the eaiser to work on a inboard. But they do have their advantage. ADJUSTABLE TRIM is the biggest one. If you have ever driven a I/O than you would know you can realy drag A$$ in one if you adjust the trim all the way up. Most at wakeboard speed through a huge wake with out any ballast. Plus they run better on open water & dont beat you down like a V-drive or DD and have a much higher top speed. Much better turning than a V-Drive, those things are like driving a tuna boat expecialy when weighted down, takes forever to get back to your rider.
If I only WakeBoarded hands down I would own one. Most people cant stand the fact to be different and just becouse they have never seen one on TV pulling a pro and their brand of boat did they assume its better.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Alright guys...so I took one out the other day again. I was actually really impressed with the ride.(I got to drive it for quite a while this time) It drove 10 times smoother than my 23' LSV. The wake was actually not too bad. Granted it was not the wake that my LSV throws with an extra 1500 lbs in it on top of the factory ballast, but I don't think that is what they were shooting for. Plus the boat had a bathroom and a sink. It was all in all a sick boat. Now...all of the guys making fun of the boat...have you ever been in it or ridden it? I really think it might suprise you.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-10-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
I sell Sea Rays and Centurion. You got fakeboard boats and wakeboard boats. I like the people who by i/os for wakeboarding I get them the second time also.
Old     (scrupulous)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
I want Hyperlite to take a pro team photo of all their riders playing chinese checkers, or better yet, stumble on them playing it under the red bull tent at some Tourney!

I had an I/O, bought a DD, and hope to some day get a V-drive. I spent quite a bit of time perfecting the wake behind my four winns, then I rode behind a 23' VLX.... I just find it hard to compare from my personal experience. IMO inboards just make a better, firmer wake b/w 18 and 25 mph. Now I just adjust my weight to get a steeper or rampier wake. That being said, go wakeboarding, have fun, regardless of boat. I had tons of fun learning to ride behind my old I/O.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
So Ken...where does Centurion fall??? Wakeboard or fakeboard?? J/K
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-11-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
Big wave boat
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-11-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Rob,

I disagree on # 6 and 7. Your saying that that boat looks better than a tricked out loaded WAKEBOARD BOAT??? I have to disagree
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
He was saying he started buying inboards (wakeboard boats)because they look better and they hold their value a little better.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
i would disagree that i/o's are easier to work on. On my I/O, the engine bay was way smaller and harder to get to certain things, perfect example changing the oil required go-go-gadget arms. Also, spent $1500 on my I/O the last year I had it fixing gimble bearing and U-joints - neither of which exist on an inboard. Generally anything involving disassembling the lower unit sucks real bad.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-11-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Chris and Eric, you're miss reading it. All the reasons I gave were the reasons I started buying inboards.

Maybe I need trim tabs but when I see a centurion with the big whale tale it just reminds me of adjusting trim on your I/O. Its kind of a pain with inboards that the only real way to adjust the wake is with moving weight around. (Unless you own the power wedge or similar)

I like inboards better. I just think its stupid how people on here who don't have one are treated like red headed step children of wakeboarding and we all laugh at how stupid they are to think they could have a good wake. If you adjust em right you can have a sweet wake with an I/O, just like with an inboard, in fact I think its easier.....
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Right now for me, the wake from a Jet Ski is too much for me.......
Old     (brody66)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-12-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I like the look of the sea ray but wow i cannot believe that those are that expensive, i know its 23 feet but wow, i priced one on the net and it was 75k, you can buy a nice used wake board boat and a 07 escalade to pull it for that, just seems steep