Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-07-2006, 4:35 AM Reply   
So last year, June 7 (a Tuesday)I landed my very first invert ever (tantrum). I was so pumped. On my 2nd set I thought for sure I could land a backroll, and ended up eating it hard and got a concussion.

Yesterday, June 6 (a Tuesday), I landed my very first 360. I was so pumped My 2nd set, I ended up eating it hard and took a bad HS edge...guess what. This morning I still have a 'heavy' head and whichever side I slept on last night was numb when I woke up (arms and legs slightly tingling).

I'm thrilled about the new trick, and pissed at myself for getting hurt. Anyone else get the Superman complex?

Upload
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
did the helmet help at all either fall?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-07-2006, 5:30 AM Reply   
Jeff,

I took two tremendously hard heelside edges yesterday...trying to land backside 180s. You know how you land on the water and say to yourself, "I should have crashed"...and then its a full body slam? The first crash the helmet took it all and I kept riding immediately. The 2nd crash (5 minutes later) was probably worse, and my head/neck/back couldn't take them so close together, helmet or not.

When I was trying my backroll, I did not have a helmet. I bought one the next week, and it has saved me multiple times. I'm up and about this morning, working, so I know the concussion is slight, not near as bad as before. If I wasn't wearing a helmet, I wouldn't be surprised if I had been knocked out.