Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-06-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Has anyone on this forum gone to a Airrosti clinic or know anything about it? It is supposedly an alternative form of physical therapy that focuses on fascia and tissue connections and they claim very quick recovery time from injuries such as sprained ankles and knee pain. I have an appointment for tomorrow and started doing some research on it.

I hate to admit it, but the research I did online wasn't too promising. There were very few occurances of people discussing the treatment. Most of it was Airrosti.com advertising on every website imaginable and press releases where they are talking about how great it is. I could not find anyone who claimed they had it done or that it worked, besides the testimonials. And it doesn't seem national. Seems like it is just in Texas, or atleast started there and is maybe new. With the outstanding results that are claimed, why isn't it bigger? Has it just been started? Also they claimed that the fascia is the concern with a lot of sports injuries, but what if it isn't that? Its a lot of cash for treatment and most insurance companies don't cover too much of it.

Just wondering if anyone had anything to offer on the subject.....

The cost and my lack of findings online has me considering trying to learn more before I go for treatment.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone has.

And if I do keep my appointment and go and the results are amazing as they claim, I will certainly pass the word along because I think 50% of the people in this forum have some sort of nagging injury from wakeboarding.....
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
If it sounds too good to be true...
I've never heard of this treatment but good luck with your PT for sure -- definitely post back here with your results if you end up going. If the program works, I might be interested in giving it a shot.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
So I think I reached the end of the Internet searching for what they do with this type of treatment and found...zip/zilch/nada/nothing.

Apparently the US Men's Gymnastics team uses Airrosti and so do many pro sports athletes but there's no mention of what exactly it is or how you do it. Strange.

Please let us know if you end up checking it out.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-08-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
OK I went last night. I do not have accute, serious, immediate injuries, so I could not tell if there were dramatic first day results. I did notice improvement though. My knees do not seem to hurt as much, but only time will tell why that is (maybe its mental?) It was encouraging enough that I set up a second appointment for Friday. I think it will take a couple of days before I can really tell, so I will post my opinions.....

It seems to be chiropractic work that really focuses on tissues. The theory behind what they do makes some sense and I was told some stories of dramatic results. The office I went to was the one where the guy does the US Gymnastics coach's peeps and seemed legit.

More to come......
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have a massage therapist that works strictly fascia and trigger points ....3hr @$140.
Was a a little sore then next day but it helped for a few days.
Just like a chiropractor, you need to keep going on a steady schedule until you think/feel your issues are resolved.