Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-30-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
This happened on our last boat when we had the 4 pro 60's. Now its happening again. Its hard to explain but the chrome is almost deteriorating. Has anyone else had this problem? Could this be a warranty thing?

Also anouther question for tim, how do you recommend cleaning the speakers and grills?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Don't want to sound like an arse, and Tim has an awesome product and great service... but does it seem that Wakeworld is becoming a support forum for wetsounds? I mean, can't people just email them?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
^^ I was thinking that Ryan should have called wetsounds..
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-30-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
just buy a new set. easy fix
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-30-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
Ryan,

You can e mail gyver@wetsounds.com in tech support and he can get you taken care of.

You should always be waxing the speakers and grilles and wiping them down. Ours or any speakers should be cared for like the rest of the boat and wiped down after each use. Speaker Sox are also a great idea to keep them looking new.

A good wax with uv inhibitors will help keep them looking like new.

I agree and see a lot more tech support on the forums vs. calling or email us direct.

Calling or emailing direct is the best way to get any issue resolved and also the fastest. As I am sometimes in the office and can visit WW a lot but other times I may be out of town for long periods of time so it is easier to call 877-938-7757 And ask for Gyver. he takes care of all tech support and warranty related items. I don't mind at all helping out here but just want to make sure everyone gets responded to quickly.

Thanks,

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-30-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
I figured I would get a response from tim and others as to how there taking care of the speakers, as well as if other people are having the same issue Im having.

Sorry I will call wetsounds directly next time. I just thought with how many people have experience with wetsounds that I would get an answer just as quickly.

Thanks Tim. I will give him a call.

Also here is a question for wakeworld users. Has anybody painted the grills black. If so does it look pretty good and what did you paint them with?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-31-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
i think ryan and others have every right to make a post like this,hes not ragging or making false negative statements.

He was just trying to see if he could get help not only from Tim,wetsounds,or WW public.

But to check if maybe others are having the same issues and it can get all cleared up at once though an online thread ,then its better for all of us IMO.

I for one appreciate knowing if there are issues with boots,boards,and all other equipment before purcahse and if this is allowed to be kept behind closed doors,some comapnys will never let you know theres an issue until it spirals out of control.

More gets done quicker through online forums because companys are aware of the power of public perception.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-31-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
+1 on Speaker Sox. They will keep your tower speakers looking new.

(Message edited by aarond0083 on January 31, 2009)
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-31-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
I think Im going to get the wetsounds ones. I like the logo on the front of the cover.

Dont get me wrong everyone, I absolutely love wetsounds. When we bought our 08 enzo we put dbots on there. I didnt like there performance so we put 4 pro 80's and a 485 in the middle. It is retarded loud.

Check out the wetsounds website. Our enzo is the last in the centurion installations. What do you think if I painted them black?

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/gallery/installations/centurion/centurion.html
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-02-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Good GOD man, 4 80s and 480! my 2 80s make my freakin ears bleed as it is..i must be getting old.

I think black grills would look pretty good, but it might be tough to match the exact sheen/polish of the speaker cans...but if you could, then yeah.

Chrome is a nice offset though..all one color has much more punch when you accent with something different.