Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    jakeman            04-12-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
how much would you charge to video shoot a
wakeboard contest per day
2month tour w/ shooting sat & sun and traveling on tour bus during weekdays
raw footage -no editing
Old    yea_yea            04-12-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
Sounds like fun I would do it for free. But thats just me
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
So, you'd be traveling on the tour bus only? That means you couldn't get reimbursed for airfare or car travel...what about lodging?
The question is who are you doing it for? What are their goals?
I'm gonna take a whif at this one...
My guess is that their pockets aren't that deep. Coupled with the fact that some folks would volunteer to do it or do it for next to nothing, you're looking at $100 to $200 a day plus expenses (film? & lunch only probably) for a full day of shooting.
That's my best uneducated guess. Of course, it's hard to put a dollar value on the shooting talent and notoriety of the Jakeman.
Old    jakeman            04-12-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Danny
ya it is fun but there is a lot of responsability and if the footage isn't top-quality "it's your azz mr. postman"-friday-
it cost money for quality and anyone w/ quality is far past pro-bono work
especially when you have $10,000 vested in equipment

David
thanks
I don't believe there is much of a budget
ya I talked to one who said $1000 per day+hotel+travel+food
30 days on a tour bus 36 states videotape on the weekends and any good photographer will want to tape all the time so they don't miss the candid stuff-the stuff that isn't staged

any other feed back would be good

I will also need a professional video editor
so hit me w/ a price on it
estimated 7-12 events + candid video

any other feed back would be good
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-12-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
If you give me $5,000 and pay for the expenses for the month i would do it. If you want to see some of my work go to www.geocities.com/wadalot
If i filmed better riders the stuff would be a lot better. I think that it would be a great experience. What exactly are you guys doing on this road trip?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-12-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
I know a pro cameraman who gets $250 an hour plus expenses but not for gigs that run that long. There are also guys shooting indies for meals and lodging (on location only) with a potential paycheck only if the film sells. I think David's take sounds reasonable. Unless you're bringing an HD rig to the party your equipment isn't that big of a factor IMHO. It's all just run & gun, how much equipment do you need?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-12-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
Jake,
Are you looking for someone or pricing for yourself?
Old    jakeman            04-13-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
I had someone approach me to do this project and I needed to know the going rate of this type of shoot
and since it is 30 days long I might subcontract part of the gig out for dates I might not be available

I found this book at barnes&noble
"ASMP professional business practices in photography" 6th edition
it has the average rate of any photo situation.
great book can't wait to read it

I appreciate everyone's help

I do need a video editor for the project

soon as I find out all the details I will let u guys know

late/jake